"You have to take it from the champion..."

I would aagree that winning a debatable split decision should not lead to a title change. It should at least be a unanimous decision to win the title, or at least no decision going to the opponent if one judge has it as a draw.
Like the old saying goes, "To be the Man, you gotta beat the Man"
That will make it easy to fix the fights. You will only have to pay off one judge to ensure the champ wins

This is one of those rare times I agree with Dana. “You have to beat the champ to be the champ”. That fight last night was a draw and, since it was a title fight, that means Strickland won imo.
Yeah the only time this should make any sense is if it’s that close of a fight such as a draw it should go to the champion. There shouldn’t be draws in championship fights

Imagine being the frontman of a major fight promotion for two decades and then saying retarded shit like this publicly? 'Embarrassing' doesn't begin to do it justice.

Exhibit #36432 that this guy is a genuine fucking idiot. His takes on the sport of MMA have never reached beyond that of a random bar casual. He never offfers any actual insight into a fight, he can only recognize them as 'crazy' brawls or 'terrible' - it's why he is the core demographic for slap fighting.

This is one of those rare times I agree with Dana. “You have to beat the champ to be the champ”. That fight last night was a draw and, since it was a title fight, that means Strickland won imo.

This. I'm a big DDP fan but coasting the champ to a decision doesn't do it, sorry.

Then why did Machdia and shogun rematch? lol poor machida always getting shafted

Sean didn’t come to do Champ shit. He was the one wanting to coast for the most part, and only turn it on for brief moments. At least act like you want to end the fight. Where does all that shit talking energy go when he actually gets in there?

Dana is a tool. Seems that will never change

Yeah the only time this should make any sense is if it’s that close of a fight such as a draw it should go to the champion. There shouldn’t be draws in championship fights
No, it doesnt even make sense in that context. There's nothing wrong with a draw. The champ gets to keep their belt and they do the rematch.

They think ddp and izzy is big money there just setting up and strickland is boring in the cage and toxic outside bad for business
Idk it sounds like Dana wanted Strickland to win and is DDP vs Izzy really a bigger fight than Strickland Izzy 2 at this point?

I agree, if the fight is pretty split equally besides 1 10-10 round, give the champ that round. UFC doesn't do it all the time, but normally does. I think it's up to the judges how they go with it. A fight like Griffin/Rampage probably should've gone to Rampage. But either way the challenger won the fight in the eyes of judges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back