You guys miss Robbie Lawler as champ yet?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I like twood, great dude but he's a shit champ. Boring fights and always either hurt or just not fighting.
Robbie is such a warrior.

I don't miss his time as champ, but it was fun.

I thought he and Condit should have rematched or retired after the fight

Condit shouldn't have fought for the title but he deserved the rematch because of the decision.

Perhaps they should rematch now and both call it quits after

I miss the lack of whining and politics. "I want to fight Bisping, I want to fight GSP, Nate Diaz, Super fight, racism, I have rap album coming out (WTF?!) blah blah."

I respect that Ty is thinking about his career and life outside MMA, but he's going over the top and just doesn't have the clout to demand so much.

I missed him the second Woodley started talking about money-fights, so immediately.

Regardless what the butthurt Condit brigade says, Robbie made welterweight great again and was MUCH needed after Fat Johny

T-Wood has one injury after being one of the few active champs in the UFC defending against actual #1 contenders, gets surgery to fix it, and suddenly he's an inactive champ? Not even a fan, but...

giphy.gif

I miss robbbie. So sad. What a beast he was. I like twood too. Wtf are you talking about. He is one of the most active champs lol.

I like twood, great dude but he's a shit champ. Boring fights and always either hurt or just not fighting.
Robbie is such a warrior.

he has 4 title fights inside 12 months and says he will be back about 13 months after his last defence due to injury.

I like Lawler but he should have lost to Hendricks and Condit.

I get it he fought twice last year. aside from the Robbie ko, name one memorable moment in a t wood fight. Don't que the marquardt gif, I'm not going there. He's a great talent and is dominant at what he does at times, but he's not a great champ. He definitely does not embody the Bushido spirit that Robbie has, anyone anywhere anytime.

No he isnt champion level fighter and woulda lost to all the guys woodley defended against.

Sherdog hates black fighters.

Black beast excluded.

There is something about being a champion that changes the way so many fight. Rush became decision machine. Conor and wood
He don’t fight. Bisping didn’t defend against a contender.
Robbie is old school. It makes me appreciate guys like max, Frankie, dc, Jones (fighting only, not personally), stop who fight whoever is next and are willing to take chances.
Wiley is a beast but like Nate, he’s costing himself money waiting for that big payday that may never materialize.
Perhaps bigger paydays for finishing and fight of the night?

Back