You got to give Scott Coker credit

TBMMA09

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You got to give Scott Coker credit though. He knows he can't compete with UFC for legitimacy be he is putting on shows that will get people talking lol cross promotion show with glory so Paul Daley is fighting that Joe Schilling in kickboxing and they are having a 1 night 4 man lhw tournament with Phil Davis, King mo, Emmanuel Newton, and some Phil Vassel guy and the main event is Tito vs Liam Mcgreary. U bet your ass I'm watching that lol

Scott Coker is truly talented as a promoter. He knows how/when to expand, when to innovate, when to freakshow and when to sign and develop true talent.

With StrikeForce, he started with a regional show in San Jose with like big names who were not world class (Frank Shamrock, Renzo Gracie, Cung Le, etc) to get the money and ratings. Then he would "sneak" in on the undercard, the true talents who no one wanted to see yet (Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Paul Daley, Luke Rockhold, Meisha Tate, etc) to build a fan base.

He knew that he couldn't afford the best, established talent when building a new promotion so he went with the freakshows and the prospects. The freakshows paid the bills in hopes that some of the prospects could turn out to stars.

Coker is smart, I think at this point, he would run the UFC better than Dana White and I think Dana White is freaking amazing.

bellators match making = strikeforce style squash matches

Bjorn built bellator and the fights were usually well matched

Stop trying to make kickboxing happen. Its not going to happen.

I see viacom got tricked into thinking "if enough people see it, it will blow up."

Scott Coker is truly talented as a promoter. He knows how/when to expand, when to innovate, when to freakshow and when to sign and develop true talent.

With StrikeForce, he started with a regional show in San Jose with like big names who were not world class (Frank Shamrock, Renzo Gracie, Cung Le, etc) to get the money and ratings. Then he would "sneak" in on the undercard, the true talents who no one wanted to see yet (Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Paul Daley, Luke Rockhold, Meisha Tate, etc) to build a fan base.

He knew that he couldn't afford the best, established talent when building a new promotion so he went with the freakshows and the prospects. The freakshows paid the bills in hopes that some of the prospects could turn out to stars.

Coker is smart, I think at this point, he would run the UFC better than Dana White and I think Dana White is freaking amazing.

Coker knows exactly what to do. It may not be pretty at first but he gets things done... funny thing is zuffa shills or bmma hater, who talk shit about what coker is doing, will tune in anyways. How do i come to this conclusion? They knew exactly what went down last night the second it happened...

Im sure some are going to talk smack about the bmma glory hybrid, but you bet your ass people are going to tune in... i know i will.. very excited foor what coker has in store.

He couldn't even get Phil Davis out for the promo on time

This guy gets it!

Stop trying to make kickboxing happen. Its not going to happen.

I see viacom got tricked into thinking "if enough people see it, it will blow up."

Agreed. MMA is a niche sport, but it's a much bigger niche than kixkboxing and will continue to be.

I think many of you are giving him a little to much credit.

Any promoter in Scott's position can bump ratings for a few events a year. The question comes can you really build viewership base. So far when you remove the tent pole events Coker's Bellator is doing about the same as Bjorn's Bellator. My guess is the next Bellator event this weekend will do 100K to maybe 200K better than avg. just like after the last tent pole event. Then the event after that will be right back down to the avg. area again.
To me that isn't doing anything to special.

I do give Coker credit willing to think outside the box and work with what he has.

Back