You dirty rat!

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Saw a mouse run under my garage door today when mowing the lawn. Did some snooping around and sure enough, there are little mouse poopings on some shelves and under a shoe rack. I keep a clean garage too. Even vacuum the epoxied floors.

Recommendations for the best traps?

How do I keep mice from coming in the garage? I've heard peppermint deters them so I bought some plug in peppermint diffusers for the garage.

1710620575976.gif

Saw a mouse run under my garage door today when mowing the lawn. Did some snooping around and sure enough, there are little mouse poopings on some shelves and under a shoe rack. I keep a clean garage too. Even vacuum the epoxied floors.

How do I keep mice from coming in the garage? I've heard peppermint deters them so I bought some plug in peppermint diffusers for the garage.

View attachment 1034973
If you kill that rat, then four little turtles are gonna go hungry

I'd turn him loose, humanely.

I know, and am embarrassed, that I never had it in me to be a cage fighter, that killer mentality was missing, still is.

Last edited:
tumblr_p63bu87Pta1qze0xvo1_540.gif

Snap traps work pretty good. I use peanut butter as bait. To eliminate them totally, you need to seal up any openings of your garage.

Bait traps are the best. They take em back to the rest and gets them too. No clean up too. Don't get soft and release the fucker. They will just come back in numbers.

Basic mouse traps always worked fine for me. Although one time we set some down at work and I came in one day and noticed one of the traps had caught and killed a big fat mouse. The thing was, it had like 5 little baby mice all suckling on its corpse. So I had to start my work day having to kill all its babies as well. It was brutal. I always remember how not a single one of the little mice tried running away from their mother, even while we scooped the whole mess into a bin bag. My buddy just wanted to throw them into the skip outside but I thought it'd be more humane to give a quick death, so we just smashed the bag with bits of wood until there were no signs of life. I felt like dogshit afterwards

Basic mouse traps always worked fine for me. Although one time we set some down at work and I came in one day and noticed one of the traps had caught and killed a big fat mouse. The thing was, it had like 5 little baby mice all suckling on its corpse. So I had to start my work day having to kill all its babies as well. It was brutal. I always remember how not a single one of the little mice tried running away from their mother, even while we scooped the whole mess into a bin bag. My buddy just wanted to throw them into the skip outside but I thought it'd be more humane to give a quick death, so we just smashed the bag with bits of wood until there were no signs of life. I felt like dogshit afterwards
@Fengxian would have ate it. Isa too.

I came into this thread wishing death to mice but that is pretty sad

Your house probably have mice now. You should look to plug up any hole with steel wool and plaster. Mice fit through very small holes and they can chew through wood and plaster. They can climb very high too so you should walk around your house to look for entry points or check your camera. I found the hole through the motion detecting cameras going off. There might be holes inside the house like where the radiator is at. It depends how old your house is. Depending on the infestation. You can get these pellets to mummify them. It's called rat-x or mouse-x. Peppermint doesn't really do shit. Traps work but they aren't as effective because mice have to stumble on to it. I used the bucket and individual traps but I didn't like it when I had to drown them. There was one bucket I forgot in the garage for a few weeks and I found a few bodies in it.

I had a cat for like 20 something years. When it finally passed. I had a mouse problem during that year. I am not sure it is some coincidence because they were doing sewer construction nearby. A lot of weird creepy crawlies were displaced. I saw a dead rat in my front of my sidewalk and it was the size of my foot. That thing freaked me out but I had to pretend it didn't bother me because my hot neighbor was really loud when she saw it.

I came into this thread wishing death to mice but that is pretty sad
Sad is being nice by using a glue trap - to release one after catching.

They DON'T Release. At all.​

Last edited:

View attachment 1034973
I've had great success with electric zap traps. Mouse is dead in seconds.

Killing baby animals always sucks. I hate having to shoot piglets when I kill their mother out hunting. But it's just something that has to be done. At least if I have the shotgun there isn't much left of the piglet to feel bad about.

If you had a cat, he/she would quickly annihilate any mouse or other Vernon invading your house.

Just don’t be an asshole and let your cat outside. It’s dangerous. And I know because I used to be one of those assholes.

But you can let him in the garage. He will kill anything foreign.

Those babies would've only have grown up and pooped in the McDonald's mayo.........

Reactions: Zer
We put down some poison once at a work place and came in the next morning to a pile of blue poison shavings, bloody creature had individually stripped each coasted grain of it's poison.amd left a pile.

Back