You can only pick one of these super fight to happen, which one do you chose?

Now? Jones vs Ngannou.
Historically? GSP vs Silva.
This is the correct answer.

<PlusJuan>

But someone mentioned Brock vs Fedor circa 2010 or so. If that fight could have happened after Brock won the title but before diverticulitis or Fedors losses, then that would be awful tempting.

I'm not sure the timeline even lines up, but I feel like there was a time when Fedor was still a free agent before he went to Strikeforce, probably around the time of the fight where Fedor knocked that guys head off into the camera.

This is the correct answer.

<PlusJuan>

But someone mentioned Brock vs Fedor circa 2010 or so. If that fight could have happened after Brock won the title but before diverticulitis or Fedors losses, then that would be awful tempting.

I'm not sure the timeline even lines up, but I feel like there was a time when Fedor was still a free agent before he went to Strikeforce, probably around the time of the fight where Fedor knocked that guys head off into the camera.
Tough part is that their primes never lined up. Fedor had devolved into swinging haymakers and little else by his fight with Arlovski.

I guess Jones vs Ngannou or Alex vs Izzy 3

the rest of them have come and gone.

Tough part is that their primes never lined up. Fedor had devolved into swinging haymakers and little else by his fight with Arlovski.
I do agree with that assessment of Fedors skill regression, but he still had that submission skill in his back pocket should someone have chosen to put him on the ground whether Fedor wanted to or not.

Someone big and meatheaded and without particularly technical ground techniques, which could leave an opening.

Point being, even if it wasn't mid pridefc peak Fedor, it still could have been a heck of a fight. I tend to think Brock may have been too much for Fedor but you never know. And Brock reacted terribly to being hit so if one of those fedor haymakers found Brocks giant HGH melon... well, I guess we will never know.

I do agree with that assessment of Fedors skill regression, but he still had that submission skill in his back pocket should someone have chosen to put him on the ground whether Fedoe wanted to or not.

Someone big and meatheaded and without particularly technical ground techniques, which could leave an opening.

Point being, even if it wasn't mid pridefc peak Fedor, it still could have been a heck of a fight. I tend to think Brock may have been too much for Fedor but you never know. And Brock reacted terribly to being hit so if one of those fedor haymakers found Brocks giant HGH melon... well, I guess we will never know.
Brock's chin was always good, but yeah, his reaction to getting hit was garbage. If Fedor can't get it done before his hands break, he would be in for a rough time.

Silva vs St Pierre is the only real "true" superfight here imho.

Both guys had defended their belt against a generation of contenders and were undoubtedly the best in their divsion.
Both had that untouchable aura in their prime.

Jones vs Ngannou is a close second, but hard to call that a true superfight when one of the guys has a loss to the black beast, lol.

Not really into bigger guys fighting smaller guys, so I don't really favor these kinds of matches.

Jones vs Ngannou is a close second, but hard to call that a true superfight when one of the guys has a loss to the black beast, lol.
Horrible MMAth is really the trend lately, and basing everything off of one circumstance. One loss doesn't mean much, otherwise we would say the same thing about losses to Takase and Serra.

From those options Khabib vs. GSP.

Should add Jones vs. Anderson.

jones vs izzy would be such a mismatch but I wanted that bad when they were beefing.

Clean Jones vs DC

or from yours I would go with Prime Khabib vs Prime Tony

Jones vs Ngannou all day

Prime Tony vs Khabib
Anderson vs Machida
Aldo vs Conor 2
Conor vs Holloway 2
Cormier vs Cain
Cormier vs Ubereem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members