You can now bet on Jon Jones suspension, next opponent and a possible 2018 arrest

+3500 on jones being arrested are some of the worst odds I've ever seen

Sorry to beat a dead horse .. but I assume Australia wouldn't let him on a card either ?

Can you appeal athletic commission results ? what about USADA's ?
no, it's a fair question.

the legal answer is that they can. the political and rational answer is that the UFC would never do something so blatantly against the State AC's. they are intrinsically tied to the AC's and have been ever since the first Unified Rules (2001) were passed by NJ, giving virtually all regulation power to them.

firing USADA to avoid their longer suspension is, IMO, more likely than letting Jones fight in Australia to avoid a longer CSAC suspension. both are unlikely. but hey, Dana has surprised us before :)

Jones should bet it all on getting arrested and then go get himself arrested.

+3500 for a Jon Jones arrest in 2018 is the best bet I'll ever make

I feel like he has to be a favorite to get arrested once in the next 35 years. That has to be a good bet if you can make it every year.

I agree. My bet is CSAC will give him 24-30 months, Jones huggers will scream "vindication", then sometime in March USADA will hit him with the correct sanction, 48-54 months.

The best bet of them all is:
Will Jon Jones ever compete in another UFC event?
Yes: -9000
No: +4500

I would actually put it MUCH closer to 50:50 (he's going to get a lengthy suspension and almost certainly f@ck up and pop again during it, then it's a lifetime ban). The only problem with this bet is the length of time you have to wait until you can collect your winnings.

Considering the likelihood of a multi-year suspension, +4500 is a lock. But like you said, even if "never" pays out when he turns 40, that's not for 10 years.

how do you win the bet that states "will jon jones ever compete in the UFC again?, especially if you answer "no"?

Bets like those are scammy.

I agree. My bet is CSAC will give him 24-30 months, Jones huggers will scream "vindication", then sometime in March USADA will hit him with the correct sanction, 48-54 months.

I would actually put it MUCH closer to 50:50 (he's going to get a lengthy suspension and almost certainly f@ck up and pop again during it, then it's a lifetime ban). The only problem with this bet is the length of time you have to wait until you can collect your winnings.

Even if the UFC "fired" USADA, and they absolutely WON'T, I imagine Jones would still have to serve out whatever sanction/suspension they'd hit him with. Generally commissions uphold other regulatory bodies sanctions (as they should). Not much different than CSAC not allowing someone to disregard a NSAC suspension.

Besides, if there's a chance for any backlash for the UFC they would stop Jones. People seem to think the UFC needs Jones or that he's a big draw, but neither are true. Jones vs DC is a well selling PPV, but Jones hasn't sold well without DC.
100% agree. i was merely adding context (not very well, in hindsite) to the "but can he fight in Australia" answer.

Those odds are asking for people to make money. Put 1000 on 8mths to 1 year and 1000 on 13 months to 3 years. Minimum you’ll get back is 3,750. Guaranteed almost double your money.

(He will get two years, but this will cover 1-3 years)

Sorry to beat a dead horse .. but I assume Australia wouldn't let him on a card either ?

Can you appeal athletic commission results ? what about USADA's ?

The UFC is unlikely to try to put Jones on any card while he's suspended by a US AC or any other ABC member.

AC suspensions could be appealed in a state court, USADA in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Both of those have happened before, though I don't think anyone in the UFC has gone to CAS. Shemlenko appealed his suspension by CSAC.

-115 that he doesn't fight in 2018?? Nice free money

The UFC is unlikely to try to put Jones on any card while he's suspended by a US AC or any other ABC member.

AC suspensions could be appealed in a state court, USADA in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). Both of those have happened before, though I don't think anyone in the UFC has gone to CAS. Shemlenko appealed his suspension by CSAC.

thank you sir

i have a feeling this will go on for a while ..

Horrible bet and retarded to say its the best bet without knowing the date you can get your money. Its possible Jones can have his next fight in the UFC at the age of 40, for example.

While Jones is serving his lengthy suspension he'll continue to get tested. He's popped twice now in what, 18 months? There's < 0.01% chance he can serve out a 48-54 month suspension without popping again. Third time is a lifetime ban, so the chance of Jones never fighting in the UFC again is very good (much better than those odds indicate).
They test the whole time he’s suspended?

I should just google but lazy.

It's not even April Fools Day yet, and his life is already a joke.

I like to come here and say you'd have to be retarded to think that someone can use the "I didn't realize it" excuse on 2 separate occasions and get a reduced sentence by any AC....The reason I say this is because it would be totally unprecedented and for obvious reasons...

But I'm actually here to say I think Dana has pulled enough strings to make this happen....It's too suspect....When Jeff Novitsky goes out of his way to go in pubic to "suggest" it's possible Jon Jones didn't do anything wrong you know something really, really fucked up is going on....Especially when Dana White keeps saying he thinks Jones will fight in 2018...

The fix is in, and I sure as fuck don't trust USADA or any testing protocol the UFC is using after this....

There's more of a chance of one of you losers being arrested for pedophilia than Jon Jones getting arrested again.
I've been arrested zero times for pedophilia. Jones has been arrested multiple times for the same(ish) thing.

The odds are not in your favor on that one. Especially with Jones suspended and not having to be responsible or do much media, he'll get bored and be right back to his old ways. He never changes.

I've been arrested zero times for pedophilia. Jones has been arrested multiple times for the same(ish) thing.

The odds are not in your favor on that one. Especially with Jones suspended and not having to be responsible or do much media, he'll get bored and be right back to his old ways. He never changes.
Just because you haven't been caught yet, doesn't mean you won't be.

Still chances are you get arrested on pedophilia charges before Jones gets arrested for his previous life he lived like he has got a set of balls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back