Yoshida withdraws from Titan FC Main Event because Ricci missed weight.

Yeah, I'm sure those 2 lbs would have made a huge difference.

Shame on Yoshida for pulling out of a main event and a fight he contractually agreed to, for screwing his employers, for being selfish and showing no loyalty. I'm sure that's what people looking to give him fights in the future are looking for.

As DFW would say, do you want to be a fucking fighter? Because in the real world, you would get fired for not showing up to your job. And he'd get the same treatment in the UFC where he's looking to get a second chance in. Why is this any different?

It meant he couldnt possibly win the title, that's a pretty big difference

Opponent didn't make weight, he has the right not to take the fight. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Aaronson sounds like a douchebag, trying to make this all about Yoshida.

How many non-Asians support Yoshida in this thread?

1 here. Are you seriously suggesting there's a bias behind support for him withdrawing from a fight where the champ didnt make weight and essentially denied him a titleshot?

So for those who hate on yoshida here's the thing he sign for a title fight and at the last minute the champion didn't bother to make weight and the bout was turn into a catch weight right there it's a breach of contract and he didn't get any compensation where when he fought rumble he got an extra 30% from rumble's purse did titans fc offer that? No they probably told him to take it or leave it you guys often talk about how Dana white mistreat his fighter but the owner of titans fc did some pure bullying here

It'd be some nice justice for the UFC to sign up Yoshida, at least he was professional and made weight and it'd give him his one last run in the big show. He's 40 years old but he has won his last six fights. I'd give him one last run, he's a good fighter.

I agree with Yoshida's decision TBH.

Dont blame him for withdrawing from the fight, but he should have done it asap as others have stated, he really did learn his lesson fighting much bigger fighters.

lol what?

I'm an Italian kid from Montreal, grew up minutes from where Ricci grew up (in NDG) and I used to train at Tristar.

Support Yoshida 100%. Ricci fucked it all up by himself, and Titan handled it horribly.

Okay, I've heard two sides to this thing and will give my opinion.

We all know Ricci missed weight and the title wasn't on the line anymore.

1. If Yoshida knew Ricci missed weight, and still accepted the fight but then went back on that, I blame Yoshida as he knew what he was getting into. Titan would have been in the right to cut a guy if he backs out of an agreement like that.

2. If Yoshida didn't accept the fight at all after Ricci missed weight, I fully support Yoshida. A guy shouldn't be pressured into fighting a heavier opponent who missed weight, and getting cut for not fighting someone who missed weight is pretty shitty in my opponent.

One side is lying in this instance, and I'm pretty sure it is Aaronson since he is also Ricci's manager. Trying to shift the blame to Yoshida. Disgusting as Ricci missed weight, and was the issue in the first place.

Yeah watching the video of that guy explaining it just makes it seem like it's a bunch of bullshit. He doesn't seem to grasp the fact that it was supposed to be a title fight and that it becoming a catchweight is a big fucking deal

Okay, I've heard two sides to this thing and will give my opinion.

We all know Ricci missed weight and the title wasn't on the line anymore.

1. If Yoshida knew Ricci missed weight, and still accepted the fight but then went back on that, I blame Yoshida as he knew what he was getting into. Titan would have been in the right to cut a guy if he backs out of an agreement like that.

2. If Yoshida didn't accept the fight at all after Ricci missed weight, I fully support Yoshida. A guy shouldn't be pressured into fighting a heavier opponent who missed weight, and getting cut for not fighting someone who missed weight is pretty shitty in my opponent.

One side is lying in this instance, and I'm pretty sure it is Aaronson since he is also Ricci's manager. Trying to shift the blame to Yoshida. Disgusting as Ricci missed weight, and was the issue in the first place.

Aronson is no longer part of Alchemist Management to ensure that no bias or favoritism incurs. His business partner Lex McMahon, is with Alchemist, but Aronson made the cut, not McMahon. He states that Yoshida signed the contract for a catchweight bout after weigh-ins. Then he pulled out the following morning.

Aronson is no longer part of Alchemist Management to ensure that no bias or favoritism incurs. His business partner Lex McMahon, is with Alchemist, but Aronson made the cut, not McMahon. He states that Yoshida signed the contract for a catchweight bout after weigh-ins. Then he pulled out the following morning.

I stand corrected about Aronson. I meant to say McMahon and his conflict of interest in Alchemist MMA which manages Ricci I believe, and head of Titan FC. If Yoshida indeed did sign a contract for the catchweight bout, and then went back on that, I'm disappointed in Yoshida and Titan has the right to be pissed and cut Yoshida.

But if it didn't happen that way, and this is just from Aronson/McMahon trying to save Ricci's and their face, I fully support Yoshida.

Back