Yooka-Laylee - A 3D Platformer Rare-vival Hits Kickstarter Goal In One Hour

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
People behind Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country are now back this time on kickstarter to launch their newest platformer. I can see this bad boy is going to be a monster.

grL3bQE.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

Hope it makes it to Xbone cause Id love to check this out
Wish 3D platformers would make a comeback so I dont gotta wait years between Ratchet And Clank games to get my gaming fix

[YT]MwePNYsgVxo[/YT]

A spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie from Playtonic Games, which is comprised of ex-Rare developers, Yooka-Laylee is an all-new platforming adventure scheduled to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC, Mac, and Linux.

With the Kickstarter campaign having just launched and still 46 days away from ending, Yooka-Laylee has already crushed its

That got funded quickly. I'm excited, BK is my favorite platformer.

I've never contributed to a kickstarter before, but I might for this one.

Love playing these with my kids. We played all three. Even enjoyed Nuts & Bolts.

Rumor has it, Microsoft is going to announce Banjo Threeie at E3 after seeing this kickstarters success.

Rumor has it, Microsoft is going to announce Banjo Threeie at E3 after seeing this kickstarters success.

I couldn't care less if they announced that along with a new Conker game. Those IPs are almost meaningless without the teams that created them.

I couldn't care less if they announced that along with a new Conker game. Those IPs are almost meaningless without the teams that created them.

Right but Joe Shmoe has no idea what teams are creating anything. So he will by BK over some "weird indie game" like yooka-laylee. Classic dick move lol.

I really hope they don't do that. Between that and Ghostbusters, the number 3 is going on my shit-list.

I backed this, nice to see a KS with digital console versions as rewards.

Last edited:
Well it looks like its doing close to a million a day and climbing unreal.

I'm picking this up tonight on Steam; anyone playing it already?

Reviews on Steam are positive, with most of the negative reviews being things like "no actual voiced dialog" and "crappy camera". I'm curious, I've watched a couple of Let's Play's and the camera doesn't look too bad, better than Banjo Kazooie I reckon.

Crappy camera is a requirement for n64 nostalgia. Personally im just happy this actually happened. So many kickstarters go to shit.

So far I've played about 10 hours, and all I can really say is I'm hooked. The game has some flaws, but honestly I've been enjoying the experience soooo much so far. I would give the game so far a 9/10. If you enjoyed the old banjo kazooie games, this is so down your alley. God it's so good

So far I've played about 10 hours, and all I can really say is I'm hooked. The game has some flaws, but honestly I've been enjoying the experience soooo much so far. I would give the game so far a 9/10. If you enjoyed the old banjo kazooie games, this is so down your alley. God it's so good

Good to hear

Not buying this now because of backlog issues but will definitely pick up down the line

Good to hear

Not buying this now because of backlog issues but will definitely pick up down the line

Worth the 50$ price tag, but I'm sure in a year it will be 20$.

Worth the 50$ price tag, but I'm sure in a year it will be 20$.

On Steam it's only $40, unless you get the Digital Deluxe version (which is just a soundtrack and an art book from what I can see).

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. The negative reviews didn't sound out of line, but it also sounded like they wanted a reimagining of BK (like Doom 2017), which isn't what was pitched. When I originally saw the Kickstarter, it seemed to me that they were going to be making a fairly 1:1 remake of the game, just with new IP and updated graphics.

I've been debating picking this up, or buying a Switch; not horribly comparable on price, but my WiiU is in storage and I'm traveling around so the Switch would be great. I'm still not sure but I'm leaning towards YL.

On Steam it's only $40, unless you get the Digital Deluxe version (which is just a soundtrack and an art book from what I can see).

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. The negative reviews didn't sound out of line, but it also sounded like they wanted a reimagining of BK (like Doom 2017), which isn't what was pitched. When I originally saw the Kickstarter, it seemed to me that they were going to be making a fairly 1:1 remake of the game, just with new IP and updated graphics.

I've been debating picking this up, or buying a Switch; not horribly comparable on price, but my WiiU is in storage and I'm traveling around so the Switch would be great. I'm still not sure but I'm leaning towards YL.

I live in Canada, so there's inflation for me, but I'm actually paying less if you put inflation into this. Whether you get it for switch, steam, Xbox one etc, its all the same. I would have preferred maybe more worlds, but that's nit picking. The music feels nostalgic, but it's all new music. Don't listen to all reviewers, not everyone wants realistic gameplay, and for what it's worth, the gameplay is the best part IMO.

Back