Yoga

JonnyRingo84

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I found some old yoga threads, but....they're old to the point of irrelevance.

i usually go to the gym after work, but id like to find something active that i can do at home, for days when i do not go to the gym for whatever reason. i've tried a few yoga playlists on youtube for beginners, and some of the poses are challenging. im hoping to up the difficulty just a bit, though.

any suggestions? i've seen joe rogan's onnit promoting black swan yoga, but there is a paid subsrciption for it. have any of you tried it?

The special names are a joke. It's yoga. I dud it for 10 years, and will get back. If you want to sweat, do hot yoga; if you want to relax, just do a stretch class with 5-6 poses held longer. Be ready for it to be a better workout than you think.

The special names are a joke. It's yoga. I dud it for 10 years, and will get back. If you want to sweat, do hot yoga; if you want to relax, just do a stretch class with 5-6 poses held longer. Be ready for it to be a better workout than you think.

i may do a class someday.

im looking for something active to do at home, though. have you ever done any youtube yoga that you'd recommend?

I liked him in The Empire Strikes Back the best.

Yoga with Adrienne is a good one if done a few with my GF. A few different options some more flow others more Yin style.

i may do a class someday.

im looking for something active to do at home, though. have you ever done any youtube yoga that you'd recommend?

I started with Priscilla's yoga stretches, and moved to on demand more intense stuff. Did it for 3 years before taking a class.. But I would recommend taking a class faster than that. Maybe get the basics for a couple months, then jump in.

Yoga with Adrienne is a good one if done a few with my GF. A few different options some more flow others more Yin style.

yea i've done some of her "30 days of yoga playlist." i feel like its more geared toward women......there's nothing really wrong with that. some of her videos are really challenging for me, and thats what i want. others though, i feel like ive just wasted 30 minutes.

If you're looking for some easy, fun yoga videos to participate along with, may I suggest you check out:

Sara Jean Underwood Yoga

Changed my life.

I watch Fightmaster yoga when I can't make it to a class. Her channel has pratices of various lengths and levels. Give it a shot.

Think about this: men are naturally stronger than women. Women are naturally more flexible than men. Yet the gym is filled with men and the yoga studios are filled with women. It is men who need Yoga more.

Tai Chi is like a slowed down, softer yoga. You won't hurt yourself doing Tai Chi. lol. I also think the standards are much higher for Tai Chi teachers. It is much easier to get certified as a yoga instructor I think.

i do hot vinyasa yoga... shit kicks my ass because i'm not flexible and it's bitch to hold poses...

my back and muscles feels awesome the next day though..

I liked him in The Empire Strikes Back the best.

aLXmHjmzHpou3JpcqhjDxFJDm0EGrbcXkHQlab6xVmY.png

I do yoga in a class setting about 4 or 5 days a week. I started in 2006 and have been doing it consistently ever since. I'm also a BJJ blackbelt. Before these I did another sport competitively for many years.

Yoga is in my opinion the most complete, full body workout you can do basically every day. It heals and builds and does not break you down. Depending on what you want, it can be very hard - not just the flexibility, but the strength. You'll age really well while doing other sports if you have a consistent yoga practice. Tons of guys do it. Never met anyone who gives it an honest shot have anything but good stuff to say about it. I can't recommend it enough if you are an athlete, or just want to be in overall great shape.

Back