Yoel fans are delusional as f

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
guy missss weight two title shots in a row and leaves it in the hands of the judges and calls himself the champ after? Please Jesus.

His fans like joe rogan call him a freak athlete and ask for a rubber match? The dude is 41, on vitamins, and 0-2 against the champ. Gtfoh

The guy is a beast.

Some fans like watching freaks of nature.

Sue them.

I feel bad for Yoel, TBH they should do a gus vs Yoel interim LHW belt so Yoel and the diva Gus can be happy.

Robert broke his hand in the first round and still took rounds off Yoel. Beast.

The guy is a beast.

Some fans like watching freaks of nature.

Sue them.

True, he's not nesserally the easiest guy to root for but he has that factor where you want to see his fights for the potential for something crazy to happen.

His camp needs to take some heat IMO .. they come up with some weird plans sometimes .. really not in the best interest of Yoel ..

Only to turn around and play victim .. they put the Covington in their name

The issue really is that Sherdog tends to have its biases based on issues like Yoels weight cutting and then bends its perception of fights to meet them, hence claims that Wonderboy clearly beat Till for example.

I'm trying to think of situations were the champ looked worse than Whittaker whilst keeping his belt, maybe Bisping/Hendo 2? Machida/Shogun 1?

If he was the same exact fighter but looked like CM Punk, no one would care. Kinda like Callen, Rogan and Schaub, Sherdog definitely has its fair share of quasi closeted men who love them some muscle beefcakes.

Let me tell you why and I was actually rooting for Whitaker.
1. Yoel could have had two rounds that were 10-8. Keep in mind that it's much easier to get those now and mike Jackson got one that same night for nothing. Yoel knocked him down, took him down three time and almost had him finished in a round.

2. Whittaker got the fourth somehow. Who do you give that to?
A. Whittakers pitter patter point fighting that round
B. Romero who had him rocked and stanky legged. It's supposed to be judged on damage.

Romero could have won by multiple points.

Keep in mind also that a large majority of professional athletes are on roids. I'm not accusing, athletes have said this, guys who run the tests admit they catch no one...

yoel did the most damage
but rob did his all 1 handed so i dont mind him winning

guy missss weight two title shots in a row and leaves it in the hands of the judges and calls himself the champ after? Please Jesus.

His fans like joe rogan call him a freak athlete and ask for a rubber match? The dude is 41, on vitamins, and 0-2 against the champ. Gtfoh

On "vitamins" then explain how he's passing the usada tests

If he was the same exact fighter but looked like CM Punk, no one would care. Kinda like Callen, Rogan and Schaub, Sherdog definitely has its fair share of quasi closeted men who love them some muscle beefcakes.

lol, this is almost as good as some of your takes in the leadup to Mayweather/McGregor. If one of the best wrestlers of ghiseneration with exceptional athleticism came to MMA his 30s and beat a string of elite MWs (mostly in spectacular fashion) while maintaining his form into his 40s, people likely would take notice no matter what he looked like. Hell, he'd likely be more popular if he looked like CM Punk and could do what Romero does.

He lost twice in a row to whittaker while missing weight the second time and rogan asks for a "rubber match". Want to see him fight Gus so badly.

The issue really is that Sherdog tends to have its biases based on issues like Yoels weight cutting and then bends its perception of fights to meet them, hence claims that Wonderboy clearly beat Till for example.

I'm trying to think of situations were the champ looked worse than Whittaker whilst keeping his belt, maybe Bisping/Hendo 2? Machida/Shogun 1?
When has champ looked better and lost his belt? Maybe this will end up being a line in the sand if you can't think of one.

Edit: Frankie/Benson? Don't remember those fights that much anymore.

Do you have to be a "fan" of a fighter to believe something favorable about him?

I thought he won, but I wouldn't call myself much of a fan

Back