Year round season is what makes UFC/mma great to follow

chrisdiaz

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Would you agree that having no down time besides a week or two is what makes mma/ufc so great to follow? I can go to bed any day and wake up and theres a huge story breaking or a great matchup made to look into. Its also what makes it so fun to discuss. No other sport goes year round the way the ufc does. In this respect, Im surprised MMA isnt more popular. Is the continuing news something that keeps you drawn to the UFC/mma?

For me, it's the unpredictability factor. I am a boxing fan first, but MMA is far more unpredictable. That is why you see so much shuffling among champions and constant upsets.

EDIT: I read this as "Your sound reason why UFC/MMA is great to follow." Carry on.

Yes, it helps but something like only 10% of the posters here follow another sport.

won't lie, I thank god for mma during the NBA off season.

Would you agree that having no down time besides a week or two is what makes mma/ufc so great to follow? I can go to bed any day and wake up and theres a huge story breaking or a great matchup made to look into. Its also what makes it so fun to discuss. No other sport goes year round the way the ufc does. In this respect, Im surprised MMA isnt more popular. Is the continuing news something that keeps you drawn to the UFC/mma?
I like your enthusiasm!

I enjoy mma but the really great match ups are few or at least in current memory they are.

As a fan its a bit hard to have a party for friends when no one really talks about the fight, its why i usually only host boxing matches or futbol and watch mma at my bar

I wish more people were like you

I like your enthusiasm!

I enjoy mma but the really great match ups are few or at least in current memory they are.

As a fan its a bit hard to have a party for friends when no one really talks about the fight, its why i usually only host boxing matches or futbol and watch mma at my bar

I wish more people were like you
Dude I love MMA, Almost too much. I try to follow every big organization. Shit, im going to LFA tonight. For me, its the constant news that keeps it interesting. I went to nap 3 hours before ufc 213 and woke up to find out the main event had been cancelled. What other sport does that shit go on? Or when i was in vegas for 200 and jones got busted. The whole city was talking, good times.

You do make a good point :)

Dude I love MMA, Almost too much. I try to follow every big organization. Shit, im going to LFA tonight. For me, its the constant news that keeps it interesting. I went to nap 3 hours before ufc 213 and woke up to find out the main event had been cancelled. What other sport does that shit go on? Or when i was in vegas for 200 and jones got busted. The whole city was talking, good times.
Boxing to that extent as does KB when Badr was around lol
You might not believe this but futbol has alot of drama year round

Glad you are enjoying mma so much , how long have you been a fan?

I only follow MMA, so glad that we have events year round. Also glad for Bellator and other promotions.

Boxing to that extent as does KB when Badr was around lol
You might not believe this but futbol has alot of drama year round

Glad you are enjoying mma so much , how long have you been a fan?
Since 06, feels like forever ago. I was gonna mention SOCCER but I live in america so whats that? That sport just gets no love here except from high school lesbians. I do respect them though, even if its not that phyically challenging of a sport other than cardio.

Since 06, feels like forever ago. I was gonna mention SOCCER but I live in america so whats that? That sport just gets no love here except from high school lesbians. I do respect them though, even if its not that phyically challenging of a sport other than cardio.
Many ufc and mma fighters and fans of futbol but you already knew that considering since 06

Many ufc and mma fighters and fans of futbol but you already knew that considering since 06
Yeah Man, I know sports dont revolve around the US. I was joking around. We are pretty set in our ways with sports. I just have a real hard time keeping interested watching soccer on TV. I used to watch it all day at my last job cause we had espn in our office. It was terribly boring but thats just my opinion. Im sure I would get beat for saying that in manchester or whatever other big soccer markets there are out there.

Agreed. That period between the end of the NBA season and the beginning of the NFL season is painful. MMA is pretty much my only sports outlet at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back