Year anniversary

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got my LLC paperwork in the mail today which is pretty sweet. I'm just over two weeks into this LLC, and business is booming!

It is a bit bittersweet as tomorrow is one year since Nicky, my little brother passed away after a courageous battle against cancer.

I miss him today, boys. I miss the way he made me feel like a super hero. He was like my biggest fan. I took the day off tomorrow as I've been busy (which is what I always do when I'm struggling) and I'll have a lot of talks with him tomorrow.

Hig those that you love and tell them how you feel. Someday you won't be able to and you'll wish you could one more time. I've used this forum as a diary before and I guess tonight is no different.

Just putting my thoughts into the universe if any other Sherbro is struggling too. It's okay to cry.

Cheers boys.

How many years apart are you guys? Do you have any other siblings?
So, Nicky is not a blood brother but I have 10 years on him. He passed at 27...

I have a blood brother that's a few years older.

I just got done typing the “spend time with your family while you can” in another thread but I cannot stress that enough. Very sorry for your loss sherbro.

On the other hand, I am also happy for your success so far and wishing continued success. I know what it takes to finally quit your day job and go out on your own and it’s terrifying. It’s hard to but rewarding. I hope it’s something you continue to enjoy that brings you a source of pride. I know having my name on a building, my workers’ coveralls and some trucks fills me with immense pride. It’s totally changed my life and growing / sustaining the business and keeping people happy is the primary source of enjoyment in my life. The other one is fans cheering for me when I play senior hockey.

Happy holidays sherbro! He’s looking down on you right now being a boss and forging your own path.

I just got done typing the “spend time with your family while you can” in another thread but I cannot stress that enough. Very sorry for your loss sherbro.

On the other hand, I am also happy for your success so far and wishing continued success. I know what it takes to finally quit your day job and go out on your own and it’s terrifying. It’s hard to but rewarding. I hope it’s something you continue to enjoy that brings you a source of pride. I know having my name on a building, my workers’ coveralls and some trucks fills me with immense pride. It’s totally changed my life and growing / sustaining the business and keeping people happy is the primary source of enjoyment in my life. The other one is fans cheering for me when I play senior hockey.

Happy holidays sherbro! He’s looking down on you right now being a boss and forging your own path.
We should all be like Derek.

I appreciate this message bud. I really do...

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Back