Ye Ol' Eat Drink & Be Married Vol 48: 'Thank you from JMac' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmac98

Platinum Member
Reaction score
You gotta admit, this is pretty cool:

picture.php

To all the regulars here, thank you very much for this thoughtful gesture. I've kind of spent my whole life 'being' the guy who performs acts of kindness as opposed to receiving them. This is certainly a new experience for me, and I can't thank you all enough for going through all this trouble as you did and placing me in your thoughts. You're a terrific group and it's a pleasure to be friends with you all, thank you once again.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled yoga pants...

Screenshot_2013-12-10-06-34-07_zps1424fb0c.png

There were still 26 posts left in the other thread.

Thanks for the new one though.

Edit: 1st!!

And thank you jmac for putting "edition' in the title. Now we won't have all these idiots asking who "ed" is.

Last edited:
I wanted to be the one who created the next thread, to thank everyone for sending me the gift card in the OP, so it had some proper visibility beyond just a post within the thread.
I realize the previous thread was cut short, but again, it was for this intent.

What do we vote for if we didn't know any of those facts?

Suppose I should just return my Canadian citizenship beaver hat.

Wow those are some interesting facts above.

You the man, dawg.

5000 on MPH. Ahem......

You're welcome.

Heisenberg -
I know we dont get that type of weather here but I have worked in -10 weather and was totally comfortable. Carharts plus gloves and ski mask equals comfortable. I would be more terrified to work in crazy heat like phoenix or vegas or Houston. It's amazing what our bodies will acclimate to but still, would want none of it.

That's cool that you can handle that kind of weather. I'd be a real crabby guy in it. But also, and again this may just be where I live, but in the winter construction is pretty much put on hold until it gets sunny and warm. Roads and buildings are left at bare bones constantly, I wonder if the guys even get paid during the season.

Heisenberg -

That's cool that you can handle that kind of weather. I'd be a real crabby guy in it. But also, and again this may just be where I live, but in the winter construction is pretty much put on hold until it gets sunny and warm. Roads and buildings are left at bare bones constantly, I wonder if the guys even get paid during the season.

I doubt they get paid. I imagine there are lots of slow times. Maybe they get mega overtime all summer??

What do we vote for if we didn't know any of those facts?

Suppose I should just return my Canadian citizenship beaver hat.

I was wondering the same thing, we are missing a: "who's Tim Horton" option

Edit: reading comprehension fail, we werent wondering the same thing, im missing that option.... Which I suppose makes me the confused person on the first page, fail again

Those are all true Jmac? Or we are trying to guess the truth?

Glad it made it to you, sorry it took so long buddy.

On a side note, I feel bad for watching this so many times and laughing every time.
ku-xlarge.gif

I like how his head hits the bulls-eye.

To his credit, he didn't touch a stone when he fell, although his broom did.

Those are all true Jmac? Or we are trying to guess the truth?

Glad it made it to you, sorry it took so long buddy.

They're all true my friend. Thank you once more for the gift card. Thats some fashionable and functional plastic, right there. Like Botox with a purpose.

And for others confused: Tim Horton's is a franchised coffee shop, started up originally by a former NHL player.

When I was at OSU, there was a Tim Horton's coupled with a Wendy's. I thought that was an odd pairing. I never got anything from the Tim's side, though. I was usually getting triple cheeseburgers and frosties that I would regret later.

When I was at OSU, there was a Tim Horton's coupled with a Wendy's. I thought that was an odd pairing. I never got anything from the Tim's side, though. I was usually getting triple cheeseburgers and frosties that I would regret later.

Wendy's purchased Tim Hortons years ago, mid 90's I believe, which is why they're together.

Sorry I didn't contribute to the gift card; thanks all the same from me. Your timing for dealing with trolls even while on vacation is perfect and without you this thread would easily be overrun by dumb-dumbs from the OT jealous of the brotherhood.

Wendy's purchased Tim Hortons years ago, mid 90's I believe, which is why they're together.

Another Tim Horton's fact I was unaware of.

Edit: that must've been the first fact you were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back