YCM Aqua bag work

YoungCashMoney

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

A round on the aqua bag playing around .. enjoy I haven’t been doing anything the past few weeks (this is from a few weeks ago) to let my body heal anything that could possibly be wrong before going all in with boxing come January. I’ll be competitive and focused again and ready to go.

So yeah, critique what u see is wrong, I see a few things wrong so I’ll critique myself real quick and you guys can follow up :

Right hand too low during the hook, comes up at the end of the punch but needs to be there during.

Right hand not coming straight from the chin sometimes , need to fix that.

If there’s anything else u guys see let me know !

Really liking the weight distribution on this one. Not leaning over (and definitely not past) the front foot, much more evenly balanced so the right hand can deploy better more of the time.

Since your style is aggressive, I also liked seeing you move around the bag a lot (without having to retreat much), just like you should when you swarm someone-- stick to them and go to their sides after the first punch or two while continuing your assault, that really messes them up-- them trying to fight/defend while you're on them sideways (basically impossible). Lomachencko does this alot and it really helps in combination with his posture as it is a lot like yours.

I don't think I have any major technical things to point out-- I can tell by your reactions that you can tell when you landed a little off balance a little or in awkward stance. Keep sharpening up and getting more and more efficient, you can never have too much of that.

--

One thing I guess I will say, is that I've seen a lot of very good, very aggressive boxers. But I haven't seen any that can keep up that intensity over several rounds. I don't think anyone can and it's not even about the physical component-- I don't think anyone has that kind of mental/nerve energy for 10 straight minutes.

If you're ever partly not feeling your best one day but you still have to fight (happens to everyone) that kind of emotional aggression wont even be available that day. This is just a option/suggestion that you are free to discard on a whim if you want, but I think it could be useful to train A FEW alternate technical rounds once in a while with little to no emotion, focusing (and patiently, objectively reading your own body's feedback) on ALL the details and facets of movement/technique, trying mostly to be precise and efficient (and clever/sneaky).

Like practicing a musical instrument or learning to dance, that usually means dialing it down by a tiny chunk so that your nervous system can process and understand the nuances of it better until it has nearly mastered it. This is how I see Russians and former Soviet countries like Cuba practicing their boxing, and it still doesn't seem to hurt their aggression when they pour it on or reduce their KO effectiveness one bit in the ring, mostly the opposite, it seems to me.

Just a thing I thought of... you can change, discount or disregard completely if it just doesn't mesh with your judgement of your set of circumstances.

Last edited:

A round on the aqua bag playing around .. enjoy I haven’t been doing anything the past few weeks (this is from a few weeks ago) to let my body heal anything that could possibly be wrong before going all in with boxing come January. I’ll be competitive and focused again and ready to go.

So yeah, critique what u see is wrong, I see a few things wrong so I’ll critique myself real quick and you guys can follow up :

Right hand too low during the hook, comes up at the end of the punch but needs to be there during.

Right hand not coming straight from the chin sometimes , need to fix that.

If there’s anything else u guys see let me know !

I don't have the knowledge to help you out with tips about the sparring but one thing I know is that complete rest or vlose to it will not heal tendons or liagments. Check ou this guys website dor tendon issues if your dealing with any issues http://stevenlow.org/overcoming-tendonitis/ . He is pretty knowledeable about tendon injuries

Really liking the weight distribution on this one. Not leaning over (and definitely not past) the front foot, much more evenly balanced so the right hand can deploy better more of the time.

Since your style is aggressive, I also liked seeing you move around the bag a lot (without having to retreat much), just like you should when you swarm someone-- stick to them and go to their sides after the first punch or two while continuing your assault, that really messes them up-- them trying to fight/defend while you're on them sideways (basically impossible). Lomachencko does this alot and it really helps in combination with his posture as it is a lot like yours.

I don't think I have any major technical things to point out-- I can tell by your reactions that you can tell when you landed a little off balance a little or in awkward stance. Keep sharpening up and getting more and more efficient, you can never have too much of that.

--

One thing I guess I will say, is that I've seen a lot of very good, very aggressive boxers. But I haven't seen any that can keep up that intensity over several rounds. I don't think anyone can and it's not even about the physical component-- I don't think anyone has that kind of mental/nerve energy for 10 straight minutes.

If you're ever partly not feeling your best one day but you still have to fight (happens to everyone) that kind of emotional aggression wont even be available that day. This is just a option/suggestion that you are free to discard on a whim if you want, but I think it could be useful to train A FEW alternate technical rounds once in a while with little to no emotion, focusing (and patiently, objectively reading your own body's feedback) on ALL the details and facets of movement/technique, trying mostly to be precise and efficient (and clever/sneaky).

Like practicing a musical instrument or learning to dance, that usually means dialing it down by a tiny chunk so that your nervous system can process and understand the nuances of it better until it has nearly mastered it. This is how I see Russians and former Soviet countries like Cuba practicing their boxing, and it still doesn't seem to hurt their aggression when they pour it on or KO effectiveness one bit in the ring, mostly the opposite, it seems to me.

Just a thing I thought of... you can change, discount or disregard completely if it just doesn't mesh with your judgement of your set of circumstances.
the only ones that really spring to mind are fenech, marciano and armstrong, i'm sure there are a few others. i get what your saying though, a high level of intensity is almost impossible to sustain for long.

Last edited:
the only ones that really spring to mind are fenech, marciano and armstong, are sure there are a few others. i get what your saying though, a high level of intensity is almost impossible to sustain for long.

Yep and those are definitely the outliers AMONG the highest of the gifted elite.

No surprise those few mostly all came from an era where gruelingly hard labor was eh- just a normal thing.

--

Like practicing a musical instrument or learning to dance, that usually means dialing it down by a tiny chunk so that your nervous system can process and understand the nuances of it better until it has nearly mastered it. This is how I see Russians and former Soviet countries like Cuba practicing their boxing, and it still doesn't seem to hurt their aggression when they pour it on or reduce their KO effectiveness one bit in the ring, mostly the opposite, it seems to me.

I agree with your last point , I do need a “cruise control” area where I can still work but not constantly be pressing on the gas. Especially since my aspirations are to do well in the pro game at some point. Will incorporate it into the training for sure.

maybe crouch a little more when stringing your left hooks together.
you have a fast left hand and string the combos together well. two things i do poorly. because of the speed difference my only chance would be to keep a solid guard, wait until you get comfortable and start getting artistic with the left and counter with a right over to top. i find if you can't match hand speed you have to be able interrupt their combos or you're toast.

i notice you like the left, right, left rip/uppercut, left hook, maybe add a roll under left hook to the end of the combo occasionally. it will to take away the right hand counter. i also noticed you roll under the right well but rarely come back up with the left hook. with such a strong left hook i think you would flatten people if you where to duck and throw that left coming off the floor at the end of a combo.

i notice you like the left, right, left rip/uppercut, left hook, maybe add a roll under left hook to the end of the combo occasionally. it will to take away the right hand counter. i also noticed you roll under the right well but rarely come back up with the left hook. with such a strong left hook i think you would flatten people if you where to duck and throw that left coming off the floor at the end of a combo.

Yep u saying that actually reminds me I need to throw my 1-2-3 to uppercut aswell, always throw the 1-2 left uppercut -> hook. Need to throw it the other way too.

I should come back with my hooks more under rolls, I definitely will keep it in mind. Ima reply to ur post in the pull counter thread here since this is my thread where there is videos of me. I haven’t fought in over 4 years due to medical issues , had a brain tumor that was causing a lot of damage to my pituitary and vision, but the only fight I have footage of is my second one. (I have 3 total) , I am a shell of myself now, honestly ull barely see any similarities, it’s a time when I didn’t know how to shoulder roll, didn’t know how to pull counter well, none of that lol so a lot of the tools I use today are not there. The boy ended up winning a decision which I thought was bullshit , u can count on one hand how many clean shots he hit me with in the head, landing on my sides just looks good. This is the exact type of opponent I would like you said , flatten if I were to fight him today with healthy hormone levels and more knowledge in the fight game. I already know the best style for me to fight against is the typical Mexican style come forward brawler. Any fighter who comes forward with their hands up and eats punches without moving their head will be destroyed by my combinations I believe. Soon I will have some updated good fight footage for sherdog, February most likely

nice fight. damn the amateur fights are a lot higher level in america. looks like you hurt him a bit right at the end with the left to the body.

nice fight. damn the amateur fights are a lot higher level in america. looks like you hurt him a bit right at the end with the left to the body.

Yeah i was so tired tho, floyd sr saw it and kept asking for me to do it again do it again but I didn’t see that it had hurt him until after I saw the footage. Another one there probably would have put him down. He was aggressive as hell, you know what would have helped me a lot? I didn’t have an uppercut back then, not at all, now it’s one of my best shots. An uppercut would have taken that kid apart running in with his head down like that

Fun fact The guy filming/talking is undefeated NABF cruiserweight champ Andrew Tabiti

Yeah i was so tired tho, floyd sr saw it and kept asking for me to do it again do it again but I didn’t see that it had hurt him until after I saw the footage. Another one there probably would have put him down. He was aggressive as hell, you know what would have helped me a lot? I didn’t have an uppercut back then, not at all, now it’s one of my best shots. An uppercut would have taken that kid apart running in with his head down like that

Fun fact The guy filming/talking is undefeated NABF cruiserweight champ Andrew Tabiti
you certainly have good people in your corner. that uppercut takes a fair bit of work to get good at if it doesn't come naturally.

really impressed with your fluidity. You are fast, punch hard and are committed. Are you planning on training at Mayweather gym again for your upcoming Fights?

Think I will never ever post a training video after watching yours  :D

really impressed with your fluidity. You are fast, punch hard and are committed. Are you planning on training at Mayweather gym again for your upcoming Fights?

Think I will never ever post a training video after watching yours  :D

Thank you for the compliments! Yes I talk to Floyd Sr. about every 2 weeks about that, things aren't stable enough at home for me to go to Vegas and live there the was I was before, my family needs me here right now. So what I'm going to do is train here and start lining up fights that I can, there is a gym I commonly go to that I'm real friendly with so I'll just work with those guys, and once a month head up to Vegas and train with Sr. and get some work at MBC for 4-5 days then come back until I'm confident things are stable enough here for me to return to Vegas for months at a time/permanently.

Like everyone said, you have very fast and hard combos. Left hand very dexterous, left handed?

I’d also like to see a little less intensity and a little more consistency.

I think if you get the right drugs you can have the genetics for pacquiao power, speed and activity over 12 rds; but for now let’s not get ahead of ourselves and just dedicate more work to fundamental activity

Hey brother. How's the Aqua bag compare to standard heavy bags? Always wanted to try one. How's the feel?

Hey brother. How's the Aqua bag compare to standard heavy bags? Always wanted to try one. How's the feel?

I love it , way better than a standard heavy bag, I have the 35lb one I’m hitting and also the 190lb one for heavier work. Great on the hands it’s like punching a cloud but you still get shock through your muscles to work power

Like everyone said, you have very fast and hard combos. Left hand very dexterous, left handed?

I’d also like to see a little less intensity and a little more consistency.

I think if you get the right drugs you can have the genetics for pacquiao power, speed and activity over 12 rds; but for now let’s not get ahead of ourselves and just dedicate more work to fundamental activity

Lol I can say right now I have no idea how Pac-Man keeps up that consistency over 12.. I’m aiming to do it for 3 for these amateur matches which is a struggle to do and need to be in tip top sharpen, Pac-Man doing it for 12? Insane he is the chosen one from god when it comes to gifts

I feel you on settling down and working the fundamentals, definitely will.

I am not left handed but my left arm has always been my stronger arm when it comes to lifting things pushing things ect, I write with my right hand though , and although my left arm/hand is stronger, it feels natural with my right, I am right handed. Maybe the slightest bit ambidextrous tho, I can do things From my left like bowling and throwing basketball better than most can with their opposite hand

Thanks for the advice man

I love it , way better than a standard heavy bag, I have the 35lb one I’m hitting and also the 190lb one for heavier work. Great on the hands it’s like punching a cloud but you still get shock through your muscles to work power

Might pick one up soon! Does the bag have a lot of give?

Might pick one up soon! Does the bag have a lot of give?
If you fill it all the way up, it can be pretty stiff and uncomfortable for the hands. Take out about 2-3lbs of water from them and theres a very generous amount of give, it's like a rebound so it's not like ur hitting something that will just get stuck.

Back