XCOM: Any turn-based masochists getting in on this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 281203
  • Start date
EE752177B1BE125572C0AEBCA5AF630516320F11

Nearly committed sudoku in the process. Must've ragequitted nearly 50 campaigns.
Seppuku?

Lol.

I did Ironman on Impossible for Enemy Unknown (1000'd), and Enemy Within is currently being played whenever I like.

EE752177B1BE125572C0AEBCA5AF630516320F11

Nearly committed sudoku in the process. Must've ragequitted nearly 50 campaigns.

Nicely done. It's easier than the previous iterations, I've heard, but it's still a process that will make you destroy your home. Well done, man. I can't wait to get to the meat of this game (have only been playing MP, too many other games cooking right now)

NEVER commit Sudoku... my fiance does this ALL the time and it fucking KILLS me....

=D

I played Enemy Unknown on my PS3, but not Enemy Within.

I am planning on picking up Xcom 2 at some point soon, maybe around Christmas.

I played Enemy Unknown on my PS3, but not Enemy Within.

Enemy Within was a giant improvement IMO. You should definitely still pick that up if you can get it cheap

That's a mod for XCOM... weird equation.

Either way, I've had an awesome time with Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within, this new installment looks like its pretty intense, even without mods. I'm pretty happy with it.

As far as the random numbers, in my experiences, sound strategy worked every time. I'd miss some shots that seemed as if it was a sure thing, but every time the enemy got me (barring the obvious lucky shot) I pretty much could see why (half-cover/destructible cover etc).

Yeah I generally found when one of my guys died it was because of a mistake I'd made and you learn from it.

In xcom 2 they chose to put those turn limits there to prevent singular creep-and-take-your-time playstyle being the dominant one, with limited turns you have to take more risks / change tactics.

Not that I necessary agree with that.

I did a lot of overwatch watch creeping in the first game but I found the new format to be refreshing and a lot more exciting.

Turn based strategy is by far my favorite genre. I never really got into the X-Com games though. I have the first couple on my DOS emulator but they never really clicked for me.
Have you ever tried Laser Squad? It predates the original Xcom.

XCOM 2 is awesome. Lots of good mods now too.

I finally broke down and bought a PS4 just to play XCOM 2. I know the PC version has some advantages but a PS4 was cheaper than buying a new gaming PC, and I'm not really a gamer. This is the only game I will probably play for the next 12 months.

I'm loving it. Can't put the darn thing down. I started with XCOM enemy unknown for the PS3 because it was a free game for PS plus members, and it's been my favorite game since.

If you've never played them, I highly recommend playing enemy unknown, then the enemy within expansion, and then XCOM 2. All of them are excellent, but it will be hard to go backwards. If you play them in order you won't be disappointed, because they keep getting better.

I picked up Xcom 2 for my PS4. It's great, but I find it considerably more difficult than 2012's Enemy Unknown. Ive been getting my shit pushed in quite often. Basically no enemies can be killed with a single attack.

Got damn. Well done bro

I've tried playing on normal and tapped out on the tutorial mission before. I gotta play on white people difficulty

lmao!

I have a friend loves XCOM and is playing the hell out of XCOM 2, and I've heard many good things from him and in general. I may pick it up sometime.

I would literally fight anyone that doesn't like Xcom.

In real life.

Having flashbacks of my soldiers getting mind-controlled, shooting up the squad then getting Chrysalisted after he broke free of control....

Love the series.

I'm gonna get this soon, I never heard of the series until it went free on the ps3 a while ago. It was crazy how invested in your team you get, I had a day 1 soldier who I got too careful with had him stay back and watch and he died after being around for a long time, legit butthurt cause it was my own fault.
When I played the old school original on PC back in the day, I gave all my soldiers names from Robotech. Rick Hunter was a bad ass, but Max Sterling was the boss.

Back