Xbox One gets another $50 price cut, now starting at $300 until December 26

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
56762da99e33728c563ecdc80440b785fa71c542.png__940x420_q85_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

Microsoft is getting aggressive with its holiday pricing for Xbox One - all console bundles, whether it be the basic 500GB unit with Gears of War Ultimate or the super-spiffy 1TB Halo 5: Guardians edition, are now $50 cheaper in the US until December 26. This means Xbox One now effectively starts at $300, an attractive price point for those thinking of putting a new console under the tree.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Damn...they're making it hard to resist. Also if you buy from microsoft online you get a free copy of AC: Unity with any console

wait for the slim version if you can

It may not be a permanent price cut until next Summer (same as last year), but damn...that means the Full Kinect version of the Xbox is down a full $200 (40%) in price from their launch MSRP less than 2 years ago.

We got a hungry Microsoft on our hands. I fucking love it.

It may not be a permanent price cut until next Summer (same as last year), but damn...that means the Full Kinect version of the Xbox is down a full $200 (40%) in price from their launch MSRP less than 2 years ago.

We got a hungry Microsoft on our hands. I fucking love it.

Have you heard any rumors about R&D starting on the next gen? I'm curious if they'll keep the same amount of RAM but bump up the CPU/GPU and type of RAM. *crosses fingers*

Have you heard any rumors about R&D starting on the next gen? I'm curious if they'll keep the same amount of RAM but bump up the CPU/GPU and type of RAM. *crosses fingers*
No. Both Sony and MS said they intended a 10-year cycle for this generation. I think that's a bluff, and they'll both try to beat the other to the market around the 7-year mark, but don't expect any new consoles from MS or Sony for a full 4-5 years. The only thing that will accelerate this is if 4K becomes the household standard much more quickly than anticipated, or if we somehow leapfrog it straight from 1080p-standard to 8K-plurality as some have predicted.

Do you think we're going to see a major difference in visuals from xbone release games to games released towards the end of it's life cycle like we did last gen?

Although I guess it's a little unfair to compare release games which are harder to work on, maybe something that's been released a year or two after the release of the console (a better comparison might be gta iv to gta v for last gen). Or do you think that consoles are near their limit at the moment as the fidelity isn't THAT much off of PC quality when I see comparison screen shots.

Not to the same degree, no, due to diminishing returns, but generally speaking, yes, you will see the same trend of graphical improvement even though the hardware of the consoles doesn't (substantially) change.

A big part of this will be upscaling on higher resolutions.

Back