Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

Great season. I'm going to rewatch it from start to finish when I get a chance to see how i feel about it when it's seen all in one go.

Honestly, a lot of the dialogue in this animation has been better than a lot of the recent Marvel movies. Some really cool and creative work was done with the action and the visuals. They really gave everyone a chance to shine.
It would've been really easy to go a simple, safe good guy vs bad guy route, but they're making it deeper than that, which has made it a lot more interesting.

Great season. I'm going to rewatch it from start to finish when I get a chance to see how i feel about it when it's seen all in one go.

Honestly, a lot of the dialogue in this animation has been better than a lot of the recent Marvel movies. Some really cool and creative work was done with the action and the visuals. They really gave everyone a chance to shine.
It would've been really easy to go a simple, safe good guy vs bad guy route, but they're making it deeper than that, which has made it a lot more interesting.
Dude,
The final fight sequences with Bastion vs Everyone (especially Rogue) were fuckin SWEET. And the part where Prof. X finally slapped the shit out of Magneto's brain was an excellent bonus

The season finale was pretty good but dragged a little. I thought some of the other episodes within this season were far superior.

So it looks like Gambit will be resurrected as one of the Four Horsemen - Death.

Interesting choice going with the Askani storyline in the next season. Wasn't really a big fan of that mini series.

Everything seems to be headed for an Age of Apocalypse arc and Onslaught event.

In the OG series, Xavier attacked Magneto psychicly in the 4th episode of the 1st season, while he was still wearing his helmet.

Not sure about this, but I think the 2000 movie established the precident of Magneto's helmet insulating him from psychic attacks.
- They had that in the comics. Thats why Juggs uses a helmet also.

Dude,
The final fight sequences with Bastion vs Everyone (especially Rogue) were fuckin SWEET. And the part where Prof. X finally slapped the shit out of Magneto's brain was an excellent bonus
YES. So good.
Rogue was the unexpected MVP here for me. It was easy to overlook her before, but they really showed how badass she can be.
Everybody got a piece, even Jubilee for once.

I was thinking about watching this but last I watched this I was a kid. Wouldn't the material be a little childish watching as an adult?

Rewatching the first episodes again, and the first two episodes hold up. But the biggest issue I have with the 3rd episode is when its 'revealed' at the beginning of the episode their Jean Grey is a clone, the immediate reaction of the entire team, including Scott, is to reject her.

Very uncharacteristic.

Its not suspected she's a spy, but she believes herself to be the same Jean they knew from the beginning, and they also believe that she believes that... and they immediately turn their back on her. Even after she 'breaks bad' to become the Goblin Queen, under the power of Mr Sinister, and after the conflict is resolved she leaves the mansion.... without anyone attempting to stop her, to either convince her to stay or to enquire where she's going, or if Sinister would attempt to regain control over her and be a future enemy.

Jean (the real one) having little concern over what is a copy of herself... especially who was under control of Sinister, and still a very powerful telepath? Out in the world by herself? Doesn't smell right.

Logan is the most surprising, because he's always been in love with Jean, right? Well with her now married with Cyclops being with her clone may be the second best thing, right?

Anyway, I get this was just a 30-minute episode that was to summarize a very long arc in the comics that lasted years, but I get the feeling it really should have been done better.

The season finale was pretty good but dragged a little. I thought some of the other episodes within this season were far superior.

So it looks like Gambit will be resurrected as one of the Four Horsemen - Death.

Interesting choice going with the Askani storyline in the next season. Wasn't really a big fan of that mini series.

Everything seems to be headed for an Age of Apocalypse arc and Onslaught event.
Onslaught vs Apocalypse

The actual replies are very enthusiastic about the quality of the series.

But there's grifters online that are feeding off of negativity, making it seem like the anthill of social commentary they disagree with seem like a mountain.

The reply is spot-on, and one of the most annoying lies repeated about the original series, and new '97 series.

Episode 4 - The 'Filler Episode' with Mojo and the cringe retro gaming. Usually I appreciate the attempt of nostalgia but they overdid it, when we were looking forward for more substance after a week of looking forward to what happens next... there isn't much here but Julilee and Sunspot having their first kiss, and Forge revealing he has romantic feelings for Storm.

This was the last episode I downloaded and watched in its entirety. Onward to Episode 5.

The actual replies are very enthusiastic about the quality of the series.

But there's grifters online that are feeding off of negativity, making it seem like the anthill of social commentary they disagree with seem like a mountain.

The reply is spot-on, and one of the most annoying lies repeated about the original series, and new '97 series.

not for nothing dude, but you were one of the posters peddling a lot of this garbage in this thread before the season even started

not for nothing dude, but you were one of the posters peddling a lot of this garbage in this thread before the season even started

And rightfully so, in most of those cases, with promotional material practically guaranteeing it the show was going to be 'woke' like how Morph was non-binary, the showrunner saying it the writing was based on his experience as a gay man, and its for 'modern audiences.'

But I always called bullshit on the fake 'Rogue's Butt' controversy, which some grifters online like The Quartering are still bullshitting about.

And I always said I'd judge the show on its own merits, and I have, and its shown that its an excellent show with the mildest of social commentary favored by creators.

The most obvious is they made Morph gay, and confessing his love for Logan in the season finale. Otherwise, from what I've seen, it pretty mild and easily ignored.

Episode 5 - I stopped 14 minutes in to write this post, because from reputation its the 'Shit hits the fan episode.' But even before that its a hell of an episode already.

*Rogue, Gambit, and Magneto go to Genoshia, which the series hasn't done since the 1st season of the OG series.
*The reunion the Nightcrawler.
*Madelyn Prior returns.
*Members of the Hellfire club & White Queen, who haven't been seen since the Dark Phoenix Saga.
*Cyclops having a mental breakdown with the reporter.
*Jean kissing Logan, and he having the integrity to recognize it for what it was, a mistake, and telling her to go back to Scott.

Pretty heavy shit already.

And rightfully so, in most of those cases, with promotional material practically guaranteeing it the show was going to be 'woke' like how Morph was non-binary, the showrunner saying it the writing was based on his experience as a gay man, and its for 'modern audiences.'

But I always called bullshit on the fake 'Rogue's Butt' controversy, which some grifters online like The Quartering are still bullshitting about.

And I always said I'd judge the show on its own merits, and I have, and its shown that its an excellent show with the mildest of social commentary favored by creators.

The most obvious is they made Morph gay, and confessing his love for Logan in the season finale. Otherwise, from what I've seen, it pretty mild and easily ignored.
literally all of these things are true & blatantly obvious. it just goes to show that culture war marks are willing to arbitrarily pick & choose what they drag through the mud, & honestly don’t care about how “woke” something is.

y’all have no spine.

edit: i should add, that i am glad you are enjoying the series, because it is legitimately excellent. i just wish people would stop crucifying media before it even has a chance to be seen.

literally all of these things are true & blatantly obvious. it just goes to show that culture war marks are willing to arbitrarily pick & choose what they drag through the mud, & honestly don’t care about how “woke” something is.

y’all have no spine.

Actually no, they're not true or blatantly obvious.

But you won't bother to listen why because you habitually don't listen because you don't like being wrong.

'Ya'll have no spine.' If that was true I would be here with the exact same opinions about the show based on the promotional material. But I'm here posting my praises for the show.

All the shit about it being for 'modern audiences' is to get the leftist critics on their side, to help promote the show, and give them positive reviews... from what I've seen.

If I'm wrong, please point out to me what episode the series suddenly gets 'woke' in your eyes.

Actually no, they're not true or blatantly obvious.

But you won't bother to listen why because you habitually don't listen because you don't like being wrong.

'Ya'll have no spine.' If that was true I would be here with the exact same opinions about the show based on the promotional material. But I'm here posting my praises for the show.

All the shit about it being for 'modern audiences' is to get the leftist critics on their side, to help promote the show, and give them positive reviews... from what I've seen.

If I'm wrong, please point out to me what episode the series suddenly gets 'woke' in your eyes.
Bastion’s plan is literally called operation zero tolerance lmao

you can be willfully ignorant all you want, but all those things are 100% true & coded all throughout the season.

Back