WTF is going on with our Navy???

...female navigating the ship.
No shit. This is embarrassing, specially when the rest of the world looks at the U.S. They are probably wondering if the U.S. Navy can find its way to Korea. Heads are going to roll, again. I'm sure Kim Jong-un is having a good laugh.

Worst poster of 2017.
She's not even close to the worst. Probably in the top 30% of good posters actually.

You know what makes a bad post imo? Whining about another's post without a) humorous mockery or b) incisive criticism or c) factual analysis. Your's failed on all counts.

From what I've heard from my friends in the military is that they have all had some sort of diversity training or sensitivity training or what not, and they all think it is a pile of crap.

In the meantime, our navy is being asked to fill a huge role but isn't really equipped to do it anymore. Seems like they are either understaffed or undertrained or overworked or something. Because this is the second such accident this year. Not only is it costing lives, but it is a bad sign about our actual combat readiness.
Dude, it was a real stinker. And if our Navy is so fragile that diversity training is disorienting them, what use is it? And what are the chances that the investigation finds that to be a contributing factor? (Maybe our dipshit commander is playing too hard with his toys in the Pacific)

Anyway, there can be a couple of accidents that are similar without there being some overarching systemic problem. Or maybe they identify a training deficiency. Who knows. Maybe it's simply time to crack the whip. Before taking a pet social peeve and magically magical-ing it onto the causal chain of some event, maybe shit happens by means other than witches.

How do you know 'thefirstemporer' is a woman?
I don't think he is- was referring to Inga. But since nobody around here posts their feet anymore, you never know.

In the meantime, our navy is being asked to fill a huge role but isn't really equipped to do it anymore. Seems like they are either understaffed or undertrained or overworked or something.

Well, the U.S. Navy can join the club. The U.S. Army and Marines have been going through this for years.

I don't think he is- was referring to Inga. But since nobody around here posts their feet anymore, you never know.

I thought the girls got the 'pink' color on their names.

If they hit an oil tanker, think of all the environmental damage being done from all the spilled oil.

Never been in the military but have plenty of friends who have. The navy is a shitshow. They are running on 18 year olds that they brainwashed into joining in highschool.

The Straits of Malacca are very crowed with tanker ships. During the day they are not hard to see. Two collisions happening in such a short span of time in the same part of the world... is it too early to wonder if the Chinese are behind some nefarious plot to weaken our Navy? Having a crappy tanker "accidentally" t-bone a Frigate or Destroyer is one way to take our ships out of action without any culpability. Sorry for the tinfoil but this is starting to seem intentional. Too many sailors being lost at sea recently.

208HuCw.jpg

Anyone else picturing the steam roller death from Aystin Powers?

Those straights are some of the busiest in the world. How was no one watching?

The Straits of Malacca are very crowed with tanker ships. During the day they are not hard to see. Two collisions happening in such a short span of time in the same part of the world... is it too early to wonder if the Chinese are behind some nefarious plot to weaken our Navy? Having a crappy tanker "accidentally" t-bone a Frigate or Destroyer is one way to take our ships out of action without any culpability. Sorry for the tinfoil but this is starting to seem intentional. Too many sailors being lost at sea recently.

208HuCw.jpg

Its kinda like getting hit on a motor bike by a kamikaze caravan.

You should be able to avoid it.

2 thoughts.

This is why counties think we're a paper Tiger. We brag about 10 billion dollar ships and our tech and get taken out by a fkn commercial vessel.

And it may be possible that McCain is such a turn coat tomato can that his name cursed the ship.

I don't think that's standard issue

That's why I don't like when people use women/girls on their avatars. I think 99% of the folks here are male anyway. I did see a 'pink' in on thread.

2 thoughts.

This is why counties think we're a paper Tiger. We brag about 10 billion dollar ships and our tech and get taken out by a fkn commercial vessel.

And it may be possible that McCain is such a turn coat tomato can that his name cursed the ship.

You sucking that Trump cock or something? The jettisoning of McCains plane has been used for training since the incident. You can fuck yourself, politics aside McCain is a motherfucking American hero. Trump was playing soggy biscuit while McCain kept himself alive through true love of America.

A whole lot of partisan disrespectful nonsense about the greatest Navy to ever sail the seas.
Yeah dumb shit like this not even close to GQ, A DDG or CG in wartime is a completely different matter. The Navy is basically running PoF ops and anti piracy ops, I imagine our subs are parked outside of Korea, but a bunch of mainlanders wirh no salt in in their blood playing armchair admirable is hilarious.

The Straits of Malacca are very crowed with tanker ships. During the day they are not hard to see. Two collisions happening in such a short span of time in the same part of the world... is it too early to wonder if the Chinese are behind some nefarious plot to weaken our Navy?

It's been crowded with tankers for years. Why the collisions now? The Chinese? Those are state-of-the-art U.S. Navy ships. We are talking military ships, not a pleasure boat. They have all the 'bells-and-whistles'. Radar alone would let them know of an approaching tanker. Plus, you have maybe 2 to 3 people responsible for steering the ship. I don't buy this "Our Navy is being asked to fill a huge role but isn't really equipped to do it. Seems like they are understaffed." It takes a whole Navy to stir one ship? It must have been 'Happy Hour' or 'Disco Night' at the club.

"All Hands on Deck", more like "No Hands on Deck". This is not a drill... A whole Chain-of-Command relieved. What's next? Submarines running ashore at the beach or hitting submerged boulders?

Never been in the military but have plenty of friends who have. The navy is a shitshow. They are running on 18 year olds that they brainwashed into joining in highschool.

Then your friends are fucking stupid. There is no greater force projection than the Navy, real war happens and a legit WestPac takes place, with the Frigates, CGs, and DDGs running protection for the carriers out of San Diego, they alone could control this side of the hemisphere.

SWCC based out of the South and WA could stop any attacks on our mainland, our forward bases in Guam and Okinawa ensure safe passages for economic good through the pirate ridden areas past PI.

I'm not even going to talk shit about BMs as they're ten times more talented than deck scraping undes, but you shoud fuck right off with your assumptions about the Navy. Army, Marines, and Air Force mean absolutely fuck all without the US Navy controlling the seas.

That area is a very crowded shipping lane. Maritime rules, dictate they larger ship has the right away. But ships will often yield or give naval ship right of way, but it is not a rule.

It's been crowded with tankers for years. Why the collisions now? The Chinese? Those are state-of-the-art U.S. Navy ships. We are talking military ships, not a pleasure boat. They have all the 'bells-and-whistles'. Radar alone would let them know of an approaching tanker. Plus, you have maybe 2 to 3 people responsible for steering the ship. I don't buy this "Our Navy is being asked to fill a huge role but isn't really equipped to do it. Seems like they are understaffed." It takes a whole Navy to stir one ship? It must have been 'Happy Hour' or 'Disco Night' at the club.

"All Hands on Deck", more like "No Hands on Deck". This is not a drill... A whole Chain-of-Command relieved. What's next? Submarines running ashore at the beach or hitting submerged boulders?

Bro they wait until a lot of these ships come back from a WestPac and as soon as they drop off their CMs they want to run a CR check, which is bullshit. A lot of our badass CGs were built mid 90s. It almost seems the CoC is trying to dryock CGs in a hope to push the somewhat inferior DDGs despite the slimmer profile.

Back