wtf happened to WMMA

Both girls earned their shot ..Raquel basically pulled a Bisping to the Title.... sometimes if you stick at something long enough you'll become successful at it ...

I thought it was an ok fight while Mayra still had her gas tank once it became clear she couldn't go 5 rounds the fight changed but it wasnt that bad ...

Its kinda unfair to the women who dedicate their time and life to this sport to be compared to Nunes everytime they fight...

Also Zingano was never champion thats something Raquel did that she never did
Kind of my point. Zingano wasn't champ yet put on great fights consistently. Someone worse than her in every aspect of MMA is now champ. Clear regression.
You know what’s more painful than a bad WMMA fight? People who bitch incessantly about WMMA.

WMMA at large is not to blame for that atrocity and has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of shitty men fights too. This should not have been a title fight and had no business being on the main card, however, I would never be dumb enough to discredit all the great female fighters out there for a performance they had nothing to do with.
I know your post was a general one and not specific to me, but there are some of us who liked WMMA before that don't precisely because the spotlight fights, an overwhelming majority of the time now, look like the fight from last night. It didn't use to be that way was my point. If there are hidden gems that I'm not seeing then that reinforces my point... why the fuck are the title fights today worse than random prelims?
Jasudavicius v Cachoiera - Finish after multiple submission attempts and chain grappling.

Robertson v Viana - Finish after a beatdown. Solid grappling exchanges.

Two out of the three WMMA fights were solid, one was boring. This, to biased knuckleheads, means that all of WMMA is terrible and it's dying. That's like judging all of MMA after watching Ngannou v Black Beast, and ignoring all other men's fights on the card. SMH.
Case in point. I didn't watch either of these because none of them were featured on the main card. If there ARE legit fights then WTF is UFC consistently putting shit WMMA fights in the co-main? Why are title fights consistently inferior to undercard fights?

I ended up getting really high during that fight to pass the time. Nearly fell asleep during the main event.

This was such a garbage fight. When it comes to the skill level -- early prelim worthy. It's embarassing when your co main is fighters that lack basic technique, athleticism, it just looks like complete and utter garbage.

It's great if they want to have this but please, not as the co main event. I know it's a championship fight but please -- put it as a main event of a fight night and whoever is into it can watch. It's early prelim level skill wise, breaks the flow -- yesterday's UFC sucked anyway so that wasn't the case here but often it breaks up the flow of a great card when you have to watch this trash in the middle of a great event. They can't fight even though it's a championship? Have a separate fight night for them.

No one wants to watch this, especially in the middle of the main card, much less as a co main.

Jasudavicius v Cachoiera - Finish after multiple submission attempts and chain grappling.

Two out of the three WMMA fights were solid, one was boring. This, to biased knuckleheads, means that all of WMMA is terrible and it's dying. That's like judging all of MMA after watching Ngannou v Black Beast, and ignoring all other men's fights on the card. SMH.
This seriously has to be explained to you? Wow. Nobody is saying,"all of wmma is terrible and it's dying" because of the one fight last night. Most of us know wmma has always sucked, and will always suck. The fight last night is being singled out because a)it was last night, and b)it was a title fight. Your retarded post implies that wmma ISN'T terrible because there were 2 fights that weren't the worst ever. That would be like judging all of wmma after watching Holm vs Rousey, ignoring all other women's fights.

WMMA is definitely shallow as hell talent wise.

It's a pretty young sport itself and it cannot do justice to the promotion it receives.

That would interfere with the "girls have cooties" crowd and their pissing and moaning. We have had plenty of shit MMA title fights but that does not mean that all of men's fighting sucks.
You cannot be this dumb. (reads some of your other posts) Ok, maybe you can be.

WMMA has always been one good person who holds the title for a long time and then loses to someone who has evolved. Happened with Ronda and Joanna and Val, Amanda had an off night against Peña, and also Amanda could probably get off retirement win the belt back she already beat Raquel and be champ forever

I remember when Nunes vs Zingano happened and I told my wife "they'll fight like hell because WMMA doesn't have legitimacy yet" and sure enough they fought like hell like the legitimacy of the sport depended on it. The WMMA fights back then were great.

And now we have this. Lackluster fights I can't bring myself to care about. A 15-9 person waging a lackluster fight against a lackluster contender for the undisputed title.

Don't ever tell me the sport has evolved and that is was soccer moms back when Ronda was in charge. This is ridiculous. I hate it being the co-main knowing nothing will happen and it'll just delay the main event.
You got fooled by watching 1 good fight. Most of WMMA is horrible. It should be a separate promotion like WUFC.

<bball1>

Or just grew up where girls scrapped in the streets too, and thus finds observing it invigorating (and such) in its own right?
99% of wmma is trash.

2x2vsn.gif

Wish 135 and 145 would be scrapped in favor of an open weight super class. Add a true atom weight class with no weight leeway.

To me it doesn’t have to do with style or toughness or beatdowns. It has to do with when I watch WMMA it seems slow motion compared to men’s.
The women are skilled and tough but it’s like watching high school ball compared to professional

Say what you want about Ronda, but people didn’t just watch her fights, they paid money to watch her headline

Wmma sucks and always has, it dilutes the sport. Dana has it as it brings cheap fighters and he can create more cards.

Keep it on the undercard along with the weight divisions under 155. If a Ronda, Nunes, or Cyborg does develop, you can put them on a main card if they deserve it.

Quit force feeding this crap on us.
Men’s in Bantamweight is one of the most exciting divisions and FW is fun too, just keep the women and 125ers down there.

Back