WTF did they do to Archie? (Riverdale)

Eazy123

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Coworker just told me about this show today. I used to love these comics as a kid, so I said wtf let's check it out.

While I get they had to modernize things, some of this shit is weird. Reggie's Asian, fine. Josie and the Pussycats are black, whatever. But wtf - Archie is banging his teacher? Betty's on meds? Can they try harder to pander to millennials pls

Does anyone watch this show?

Lmfao wtf. Havent watched this shite yet. Archie comics were the shit when i was a kid

People actually read those comics?? I just thought they were a thing that existed. Like M*A*S*H on morning television.

People actually read those comics?? I just thought they were a thing that existed. Like M*A*S*H on morning television.

Aside from superbowls, the last episode of MASH was the most watched tv show of all time.

My fiancé watches it, From what I saw it looked like some Pretty Little Liars/ Gossip Girl kind of shit.

I thought they killed him off a couple of years ago

I do. Its strange as I was big into Archie growing up. Its a decent show.

The $65,000 question everyone should be asking:

Does Jughead wear the crown?

I liked Riverdale. It's definitely cheesy teen drama so don't expect anything deeper than that, but it was entertaining enough. It's not normal Archie though.

Man I used to read that shit like crazy. I still have around 40 or so of the digests packed away somewhere. I get that the Archie story is a bit out of touch with the reality of today, but Archie banging cougars is like if they had Spongebob become a serial killer, or gave Popeye a steroid addiction. The producers are trying way too hard to change everything.

The $65,000 question everyone should be asking:

Does Jughead wear the crown?

No, lol. He does have a hat, though.
And he's not into cheeseburgers.

Last edited:
I watched 2 episodes because I wanted to be fair but it reeks of feminism, gender equality, racism and it just sucked. I swear most of the shows on Netflix these days are pushing a agenda instead of giving me quality programming. If your a teen age girl or a serious beta male you will enjoy it just like most CW programs.

I thought they killed him off a couple of years ago
Nah Archie faked his death for the insurance money. He just got out of debtors prison and white knighted some chick out of her prime SMV. It's all in the latest collection "the living joke"

Archie_meets_Punisher.jpg

fuck no. I couldn't even go through the whole trailer.

Back