Wrestler vs Wrestler fights where one dominated in the wrestling department?

Rashad vs Chael

Rashad was such a beast in his prime. Dominated Davis, manhandled Chael, savagely knocked out Chuck, viciously beat down Forrest, beat Rampage, and while Jones beat him lopsided, he didn't get put down and away like many of Jon's opponents did up to that point.

Yoel was never a good defensive wrestler. Jacare took him down as well. If I recall, several other fighters did as well.
Yoel's kinda funny in that department. I wouldn't say he'd a bad defensive wrestler, more-so he's so confident in his wrestling and ability to get up, he puts no thought or effort in TD defense. This pretty much better opens up his options in his striking.

So in essence, poor TD defense, but not through lack of ability

tumblr_n642xjEUtB1rofocqo1_500.gif

I can't count this. Hendo is 199 and DC is probably 225-230. It's a Middleweight vs a LHW.

This fight should not have ever been sanctioned.

I'd disagree. DC was emotional and gassed trying to force a takedown early instead of boxing Jon up first. When he was exhausted, Jones took him down. DC got the last takedown. Neither guy dominated the other in that fight, especially in wrestling, DC fought stupid though and lost because of it.

Wow... Someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

One thing that needs to be acknowledged though, is the role of Jones' bodywork. DC gassed early in large part because he did not know how to deal with kicks and knees to the body.

Wow... Someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

One thing that needs to be acknowledged though, is the role of Jones' bodywork. DC gassed early in large part because he did not know how to deal with kicks and knees to the body.
Which is what opened up the headkick in the second fight. It's a shame Jon tested positive because that was a great win for him.

Back