Wow! How has this cop not been disciplined? [vid inside]

P

Pwent

Just saw this on Facebook

from ACLU website said:
In a heartbeat, Anthony Promvongsa’s sunny summer day in Worthington, Minnesota, turned from ordinary to a nightmare.

Shortly after encountering an agitated motorist driving in front of him on July 28, 2016, Anthony found himself confronted by the police. Within seconds of exiting his vehicle after pulling Anthony over, Agent Joe Joswiak of the Buffalo Ridge Drug Task Force opened the door of Anthony’s car, screaming, “Get the fuck out of the car, motherfucker!”

Without hesitation, Agent Joswiak pulled, punched, and elbowed Anthony several times in the back while Anthony was still restrained by his seat belt. Agent Joswiak then yanked Anthony out of the car, threw him to the ground, and pressed his knee to the back of Anthony’s neck to pin Anthony facedown on the pavement while he and Sgt. Tim Gaul of the Worthington Police Department applied handcuffs.

It turns out the agitated motorist Anthony encountered before being assaulted by Agent Joswiak was an off-duty police officer who called Joswiak to go after Anthony for tailgating him. The officer reports regarding the incident make no mention of any suspicion that Anthony was committing a drug offense.

Holy shit, how has this officer not been disciplined, what the fuck

This is why I get frustrated by people acting like Michael brown didn't deserve to get shot. It numbs people to complaints about police brutality so when something like this happens, everyone thinks it's probably no big deal and another criminal attacking a cop

No offense, but it might depend on what that driver was doing in his aggressive driving.

If he was trying to run over animals, or intimidate other drivers or pedestrians, then I'm not as mad.

If the driver is innocent, then I'm furious at the cop.

I did have a crazy woman in a van act like she was gonna ram into me one time. She was probably drugged up. She almost rammed into my drivers side door. I would not have been upset if a cop dragged her out like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the kind of deescalation tactics police can expect to win the hearts and minds in their communities.

Back