Would you say Taylor Swift is now bigger than Elvis?

When there is sandwiches made after her, then come ask me.

Absolutely, she's a worldwide megastar to everyone regardless of race, creed, gender, nationality or religion, Elvis is still important to a few old white dudes who will all be dead soon
Don't lie.
eric-claptons-crossroads-guitar-festival-2010-show.jpg

Absolutely, she's a worldwide megastar to everyone regardless of race, creed, gender, nationality or religion, Elvis is still important to a few old white dudes who will all be dead soon
Nah Elvis is a legend, even the younger generations are fans.

Same could be said for Elvis in his day and decades after he died. There was a whole sub culture of Elvis impersonators for succeeding generations.

The first post had it right. We’ll see if Taylor Swift is still important to a few old white women in 50 years. I have a feeling she won’t be

It’s fair to say Elvis’ legacy is perhaps getting lost in time…despite the movie bringing some of it back. You can’t compare somebody who is hot in the moment to somebody who was hot for decades after he died. Obviously she still has work to do.
At least in this part of the world nobody ever really gave 2 fucks about Elvis.

When Swift came all hell broke lose.. it was a major event.

I've heard a ton of Elvis songs in my life, I don't think I've ever heard a Taylor Swift song.

At least in this part of the world nobody ever really gave 2 fucks about Elvis.

When Swift came all hell broke lose.. it was a major event.

Probably why Elvis chose Argentina to live after he faked his death. As the legend goes

Asking on a forum full of a bunch of dudes that are 30-50 is obviously going to vote Elvis. Her fanbase is mostly women in their teens and 20s. She’s probably 2 albums away from being a top 5 selling artist of all time and could legit end up surpassing the Beatles when it’s all said and done. She’ll hardly be “forgotten” in 25 years like people itt are suggesting.

Would you say that Taylor Swift as an artist and international ICON is now bigger globally than Elvis?
I only know the song "He wears short shorts and she wears T-shirts", song.

Ive heard other songs by her playing in a mall or in a commercial that I didnt know was her until someone told me.

Ill know Elvis just by the voice. Taylor? Sounds like the others.

Same could be said for Elvis in his day and decades after he died. There was a whole sub culture of Elvis impersonators for succeeding generations.

The first post had it right. We’ll see if Taylor Swift is still important to a few old white women in 50 years. I have a feeling she won’t be

It’s fair to say Elvis’ legacy is perhaps getting lost in time…despite the movie bringing some of it back. You can’t compare somebody who is hot in the moment to somebody who was hot for decades after he died. Obviously she still has work to do.
I remember in 1997 when I was like 9, there was a 16ish something girl that was a friends sister, who was obsessed with Elvis. Elvis had been dead for 20 years by that point.
So yea, Elvis is bigger than Taylor.
Taylor hasnt even hit Madonna levels yet.

Back