Would you place an Asterik to Struve vs Stipe?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
For folks who watched the fight, do you think the finish was a little controversial? As soon as Stipe was eye poked, he started circling and blinking, like that was a bad eye poke. I think Herb should have seen that, after that he slipped and Struve landed a clean shot that stumbled him. I think that was a pretty bad eye poke. What do you think?

No, when Stipe got up he had baby deer legs.
J7Z1xkO.gif

No.

KTFO is KTFO.

Whatever, it was well before his prime

I don't think he was completely healthy either but you won't hear that from him. So if the eye poke is worse than we could tell, it doesn't really matter because you won't hear that either

Still the GOAT

He got knocked out yes, but what happened before the knock out? did it have a huge hand or was Struve going to knock him out regardless of an eye poke?

Nah. No one cares about that loss anyways.

nah he got TKO'd badly. Poke prolly helped but he took an ass whoopin that night. Obviously stipes a much different beast nowadays. Cant just start taking away L's when you wanna put someone in GOAT talk. Doesnt work with Fedor, GSP, Silva, Bones (defeated by life) or anyone else.

No, Stipe is my guy but he got knocked out. He's been a world beater since, so I wouldn't change a thing.

Kind of.

Ultimately, what happened happened. But the eye poke definitely affected the fight.

However, even if it was completely clean, enough time had passed to essentially make it irrelevant when talking about Stipe's skills.

I seriously doubt it goes the same way today.

No asterisk.

However, let's be real. The guy slipped on a puddle of water that was not cleaned up in between rounds. He got clipped by Struve just after he slipped.

Each man had the same odds of slipping on that puddle. So, it's not like one man had an advantage over the other. Therefore, no asterisk needed.

This is like when people argued that Bigfoot/Browne should be an NC because Travis blew out his hamstring

Whatever, it was well before his prime

I don't think he was completely healthy either but you won't hear that from him. So if the eye poke is worse than we could tell, it doesn't really matter because you won't hear that either

Still the GOAT
You sound so defensive.

Back