Would you lose what little respect you have left for McGregor if

elcj

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
he took an MMA fight with Mayweather?

Seriously, how can you even off to fight a 41yr old man with ZERO MMA experience and is also significantly smaller than you and significant injuries on top of that?

For me, it was cowardice and I lost almost all respect for him for even suggesting an MMA fight with Mayweather. How would you feel if he actually went along with it?

I mean, for people that just don't like Mayweather and want to see him get beat in an MMA fight, then he could just fight a 125lb'r or something, to at least make it more fair. Rather than fight a stacked McGregor, who would then act like he did something special by beating Mayweather.

He told everyone he wanted to get in, get rich and get out.

I would admire his ability to achieve his vision. Not everyone can be Robbie Lawler.

Yes as a Conor fan I would lose a lot of respect for him... he would clearly be ducking the Tony/Khabib winner... I’m hoping he doesn’t fight Floyd again and gives us the fights we wanna see... cmon Floyd has no shot and will never step into the octagon with Conor it wouldn’t make any sense unless they make it rules he can’t kick or take Floyd down just making it a boxing fight with MMA gloves

giphy.gif

Conor isn't someone i respect as far as keeping the FW ( formerly ) and currently holding the lightweight division up hostage to negotiate a higher payday to basically just defend his title which should be a given , but fighters like Conor have ruined the sport to an extent.

Fighters like Conor that have become extremely successful and rich have inspired others to " fake " the trash talk and keep their respective divisions up in the air for reasons from " i want a legacy fight , give me GSP " cough* cough* Tyron Woodley , to idiots like Cody covington making disgusting remarks about a nation of people in a post fight interview.

Fighters are now demanding more money to just defend their fucking belts , and in all honesty Dana White and WME -IMG is responsible for letting it get so out of control too , the Fertitta bros and Zuffa wouldn't of stood for this bullshit 1 iota of a second and the integrity of the sport would of been maintained , well i mean at least the MW division doesn't seem effected by it all , but just the fact a fucking boxer ( no matter how much of a great he was ) is potentially fighting someone that went into his sport and lost and is returning the favour by vise vira shows how far gone that UFC has moved from a MMA company to almost a " sports entertainment " one.

He told everyone he wanted to get in, get rich and get out..

Before he said that he also said that he didn't care for materialistic stuff and that he didn't give a shit about the money. So I take it money does change you or exposes who you really are. I don't like or dislike McGregor but he does contradict himself quite a lot.

Seriously, how can you even off to fight a 41yr old man with ZERO MMA experience and is also significantly smaller than you and significant injuries on top of that?

For me, it was cowardice and I lost almost all respect for him for even suggesting an MMA fight with Mayweather. How would you feel if he actually went along with it?

I mean, for people that just don't like Mayweather and want to see him get beat in an MMA fight, then he could just fight a 125lb'r or something, to at least make it more fair. Rather than fight a stacked McGregor, who would then act like he did something special by beating Mayweather.
Not at all. I am not a fan, hell, you can hate on the guy, but he is the most successful MMA fighter of all time $$$ wise, and I have to respect that.

Hell, I'd even watch that shit.

Does Sherdog's respect pay for Conor Jr's tuition?

He said he doesn't care about money? You gotta show me that one. I remember him saying he doesn't care about being famous. But always stated he wanted to get the 2 belts and the money will follow.

Show the clip

I cannot remember what video it was in but I know for sure it was very early in his UFC career. I have seen that many videos of McGregor over the years its a needle in a pile of needles. If I find it again I will be sure to post it. I seen it after the fact of him making the money so that is why it stuck out to me.

Conor has little to no ground game, so Mayweather would probably knock him out again. It's a much better fight for Mayweather than a lot of other MMA fighters, who are really good at wrestling or BJJ. Plus, Mayweather would not carry him like he did in the boxing match.

Conor has little to no ground game, so Mayweather would probably knock him out again. It's a much better fight for Mayweather than a lot of other MMA fighters, who are really good at wrestling or BJJ. Plus, Mayweather would not carry him like he did in the boxing match.

LMAO. Conor would look like Rickson Gracie against Floyd

Cute though.

All respect was lost with McNeverDefended a long time ago

Back