Would removing hand wraps make the UFC safer ?

Gloves are for gardeners. Make them bare knuckle like real men.

I'm all for it...you'd see a shift away from boxing to more kicking arts like Muay Thai in the cage.

Get rid of gloves and wraps and you will see a reduction in head trauma (but way more hand breaks).

It's the same thing with helmets in the NFL being bad for brain health in the end but makes for a more exciting game.

By this logic we could make cars safer by removing seat belts too. People would drive very slow and cautious. Amirite?

Terrible analogy, since hand wraps don't protect the person getting punched....they are there to protect the hands of the person punching. Though, I guess the fear of crashing without seat belts makes everyone drive slower and benefits the car getting crashed into.

Fighters breaking their hands more often would most likely reduce brain trauma of their opponents.

I would like to see bareknuckle fighting like in vale tudo days. I would also like to see boxing return to bareknuckle, London Prize Ring rules because it would be safer for fighters and the boxers would employ throws and takedowns, making the sport more well-rounded.

Terrible analogy, since hand wraps don't protect the person getting punched....they are there to protect the hands of the person punching. Though, I guess the fear of crashing without seat belts makes everyone drive slower and benefits the car getting crashed into.

??

Seat belts don't protect the person in the other vehicle either, they are to protect the person driving the vehicle in which they are located lol.

Back