Would Lennox Lewis be able to win the UFC 1?

Vojislav

I fight for honor
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people are intrigued how Mike Tyson would do against Royce Gracie. However I think that out of all boxers Lennox Lewis would have the best chance at the time.

What would happen if the young version of Lennox Lewis who just dismantled and DESTROYED Frank Bruno on October 1993 decided to participate in the UFC 1 (November 1993)?

I know that the grappler beats a boxer, but Lennox Lewis was a massive 6'5'' heavyweight A-level athlete with an 84 in reach and a nasty uppercut.

Would Royce Gracie or Shamrock be able to beat him? What about Gordeau?

He might have done better than “one glove “ Art Jimmerson lol but that’s being generous

He might have done better than “one glove “ Art Jimmerson lol but that’s being generous

Art Jimmerson was a blown up super middleweight (168 lbs) journeyman.

Lennox Lewis was LEVELS above Art Jimmerson as a boxer and as an athlete. A real modern super-heavyweight boxer.

Lennox could be UFC HW champ with 3 months of training in 2020

If Ngannou could beat 2017 UFC top 10 HWs with just rudimentary boxing, then I think Lewis would have a legit chance to spark those UFC 1 fighters out.

MMA and BJJ dodged a bullet here, they were lucky that the young and back then still largely unknown Lewis didn't apply for their tournament.

Shamrock would have beaten him easily. Probably Gracie too.

Lol at the Gracies allowing a real boxer to their coming out party.

Art Jimmerson was a blown up super middleweight journeyman.

Lennox Lewis was LEVELS above Art Jimmerson as a boxer and as an athlete. A real modern super-heavyweight boxer.
Oh I know lol I’m just picturing a scenario where he just destroys Royce standing and gets caught in an armbar anyway lol different times when none knew what BJJ was

I always thought Tyson had the best chance in MMA over any other boxer because he was always more of a fighter than a pure boxer which I think would transition better.

It would be 50/50. Shamrock could catch him in a leglock before getting tagged or Royce could have taken his back without getting knocked out. Lennox could have KO'd them before they ever got to grapple him though.

I always thought Tyson had the best chance in MMA over any other boxer because he was always more of a fighter than a pure boxer which I think would transition better.

Lewis has the size and the reach though. He also had a good uppercut. It would be hard for someone like Royce to take him down without getting tagged.

Lewis has the size and the reach though. He also had a good uppercut. It would be hard for someone like Royce to take him down without getting tagged.
To be honest I think either would have beaten Royce. I know BJJ beats Boxing usually but the size and talent of those guys along with erm... their performance (drugs maybe) it's difficult to see Royce pulling it off. That's why we have weight classes.

To be honest I think either would have beaten Royce. I know BJJ beats Boxing usually but the size and talent of those guys along with erm... their performance (drugs maybe) it's difficult to see Royce pulling it off. That's why we have weight classes.

Ngannou pretty much only had boxing.

And Lennox Lewis is a bigger and better version of Ngannou with even more power.

Lennox could be UFC HW champ with 3 months of training in 2020

not even remotely close...you think he's going to learn grappling in 3 months? bhahahahahaahahahahahahaha 3 years maybe...how is he going to handle leg kicks, high kicks, kicks to the body? takedowns?

Lol at the Gracies allowing a real boxer to their coming out party.

A boxer would get taken down in under 20 seconds and submitted in under 45 seconds....I don't care if it was Ali, foreman, lewis or tyson...they would all get destroyed....

Back