Would it be possible for a former UFC champ to return after a 10 year hiatus and become champ again, like George Foreman did?

I’ve been watching Foreman’s old fights and find him to be an incredibly inspiring man.

It made me wonder. Is it possible for a former UFC champ to come back after a long break and win the belt again?

Which former champ would have the best chance of pulling it off?
It'd have to be ayoung champion. Maybe they win the title at 24 and come back at 34 to do it again.

that's the only way i could ever see it happening

Khabib is the only one I could see doing it. Depending on who holds the 170 belt.
brother cmon, khabib would of done in it in his heyday if he could. he's not beating any of the t10 wws right now except maybe colby.

I’ve been watching Foreman’s old fights and find him to be an incredibly inspiring man.

It made me wonder. Is it possible for a former UFC champ to come back after a long break and win the belt again?

Which former champ would have the best chance of pulling it off?
DJ could techinically. 4 years from now.

Khabib would be a heavy favorite against Leon
only by people that don't watch mma. if usman and colby couldn't stuff him down, what makes you think khabib would be able to? leon is a lot reachier than anybody khabib's fought.

only by people that don't watch mma. if usman and colby couldn't stuff him down, what makes you think khabib would be able to? leon is a lot reachier than anybody khabib's fought.
Usman held him down for a long time

Colby ended the fight on top of him landing nonstop

but yeah man Leon is the best

Usman held him down for a long time

Colby ended the fight on top of him landing nonstop

but yeah man Leon is the best
I guess I should of spelled it out more clearly. I meant submit him or dominant him for most of the fight.

Eitherway, don't see how its controversial to think that the current champ is likely to beat a guy that was champ 5 years ago in a lighter division now.

Back