Would Anderson Silva have beaten Roy Jones?

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This was way before Floyd/Conor.

This was the original MMA/Boxing super match up. Back in 2010 when Ando have serious interest in fighting RJJ. The idea of cross promotion or allowing a UFC fighter to fight beyond the Octagon was near impossible. Now you have Dana offering 25 mil for a similar fight these days....

He got knocked out by Chris Wiedman, you tell me.

latest

It would have been a fun fight because Roy likes to play with his food.

jesus christ

what the fuck

would tom brady beat mike tyson

Naa but on another note it's pretty funny (or sad) how much Dana is willing to bend over for Conor when he shut down his own Goat who put in years of hard work and still prevented him from chasing his dream fight. Clown.

Lol people still cant realize Boxing and MMA two different sports

In an MMA match, yes.

In a boxing match, no.

Sherdoggers know nothing about boxing, but in this case, saying Anderson would get murked shows no knowledge of context.

Without going into too much detail, look at Roy Jones v Danny Green.

Prime Roy murks Anderson, but Roy was severely shot.

To give a bit of context, Danny Green got beat by a rugby league player with only a handful of years training in the sport.

Anderson may well have beaten Roy, not because he's a better boxer, but because Roy was getting dropped by a stiff wind.

One of the best boxers to ever live. I don't think there's a Middleweight in boxings entire history that could beat Roy Jones Jr in his prime.

Sherdoggers know nothing about boxing, but in this case, saying Anderson would get murked shows no knowledge of context.

Without going into too much detail, look at Roy Jones v Danny Green.

Prime Roy murks Anderson, but Roy was severely shot.

To give a bit of context, Danny Green got beat by a rugby league player with only a handful of years training in the sport.

Anderson may well have beaten Roy, not because he's a better boxer, but because Roy was getting dropped by a stiff wind.

While Jones has been well past his prime since the talks of Anderson vs Jones started and the fact that fighters that rely on their speed, reflexes and athleticism seem to age the worst. Even since Roy Jones Jr chin has been shot for a while now and sure Anderson has a chance, Anderson is no boxer and even right now I don't think his chances in boxing Roy Jones Jr.

These kinds of questions fascinate me for a variety of reasons

For one, the question of which of the theoretical fight's boxing or mma results is more important is difficult to answer. That is to say, in which arena (the octagon or ring) would the fight most meaningfully take place?

See? it's even a hard thing to describe? Anderson wins in MMA, and also in Kickboxing. In a boxing match between each fighter AS THEY WERE in 2010 would be one by Anderson Silva if it was a 4-6 round bout, but RJJ if it went longer than that. Easy

The main question you guys should be asking is -which of these fights matters more? Which rule set? It should become apparent quickly that this is not a logical question in the traditional sense. What a brave new world.

While Jones has been well past his prime since the talks of Anderson vs Jones started and the fact that fighters that rely on their speed, reflexes and athleticism seem to age the worst. Even since Roy Jones Jr chin has been shot for a while now and sure Anderson has a chance, Anderson is no boxer and even right now I don't think his chances in boxing Roy Jones Jr.
He has more boxing experience than Mundine, and Mundine beat Danny...

Back then Anderson's chin wasn't shot, and with the bigger gloves, he'd be durable.

If you watched the Green fight, Roy got clipped with something that barely even touched him and he went down, in less than a round.

I'm not saying Anderson would win, but he has size, a chin, a better skill set than a guy who's beaten Roy, and he would have had months of specific boxing training.

Once again, Prime Roy embarrassed him, but Roy aged very very badly. Danny Green would have been killed by Prime Roy.

He has more boxing experience than Mundine, and Mundine beat Danny...

Back then Anderson's chin wasn't shot, and with the bigger gloves, he'd be durable.

If you watched the Green fight, Roy got clipped with something that barely even touched him and he went down, in less than a round.

I'm not saying Anderson would win, but he has size, a chin, a better skill set than a guy who's beaten Roy, and he would have had months of specific boxing training.

Once again, Prime Roy embarrassed him, but Roy aged very very badly. Danny Green would have been killed by Prime Roy.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this, nor did my post imply otherwise. Anyways have you followed Ryan Ford's boxing career after retiring from MMA? He beat an Olympic Gold and Silver Medalist in a pro bout at 175lbs in Thailand a couple years ago and he's fighting for some UBO Light Heavyweight title vs a 15-3 pro boxer in Sam Rapira who I think he'll beat rather soundly. Kind of interesting to see an MMA fighter start a pro boxing career in his thirties and beat a former Olympic Gold and Silver medalist anyways.

If it happened in 2010 Silva would have a shot. I could see Roy playing into Silva's antics and maybe eating a few punches he would have otherwise never put himself in position to get hit by.

Back