Would a prime and juicy Randleman be a difficult opponent for Jones?

shockwave kicker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If I just instinctively think about it, it would seem Kevin has more than a decent chance.

But I haven't watched him enough to speak on this matter.

How do you guys see that fight playing out?

No, he'd be an extremely easy fight for Jon.

Takedown, dominate

No. Submission defense nowhere near good enough.

Randleman's greatest moment was a GSP/Serra type moment when he caught CC with a KO punch; the second luckiest punch in MMA history.

Predictably, CC finished him in the first round of the rematch.

He would never have done well against Jones, not unless he got a similar lucky punch in.

Randleman is not getting taken down by jones
Wouldn't need to. He'd shoot in and get standing guillotined.

Randleman was 17-16 and his prime was during a time when fighters had one style and barely cross trained. I don't even know why I'm entertaining this ridiculous notion that he would be competitive with Jones.

Randleman was 17-16 and his prime was during a time when fighters had one style and barely cross trained. I don't even know why I'm entertaining this ridiculous notion that he would be competitive with Jones.

Because he fucking slammed Fedor?

1) Kevin Randleman if time machine transported to 2024 probably fights at WW. He fought at HW because there was no money elsewhere and said he HAD TO juice like crazy to stay at HW weight.

2) Magic 2024 prime Kevin Randleman would adapt and learn from 2023 training methods and strategy. He would still be a freak athlete but he would likely fight differently.

Vitor Belfort almost had Jones. He's 26-14. Match doesn't matter
My point is a second of success against the wet dream mythical version of Fedor that only exists in Sherdogger's heads doesn't mean shit in regards to hiw they would do against anybody else.

Fujita had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones ever.

Mark Hunt had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones.

Randleman had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones.

"He did that one good thing against Fedor" is such a ridiculous reason to think any of these guys would be competitive with Jon Jones.

My point is a second of success against the wet dream mythical version of Fedor that only exists in Sherdogger's heads doesn't mean shit in regards to hiw they would do against anybody else.

Fujita had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones ever.

Mark Hunt had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones.

Randleman had success against Fedor. He isn't beating Jones.

"He did that one good thing against Fedor" is such a ridiculous reason to think any of these guys would be competitive with Jon Jones.
Did you think Belfort would have any chance before he got Jones in that sub that Jones cheated the rules to escape?

Styles make fights

2) Magic 2024 prime Kevin Randleman would adapt and learn from 2023 training methods and strategy. He would still be a freak athlete but he would likely fight differently.
Kevin didn't even adapt to 2000s MMA training methods and strategy...

This. I don’t mean to disrespect the dead but this is a ridiculous question. Randleman had loads of potential but the results just weren’t there. He was hugely inconsistent. Barely .500 in his prime and well under .500 in major promotions.

Back