worse end of their career: chuck or bj?

BJ's not being knocked into brain damageville, while chuck looked like he died in a few his last fights. That was hard to watch.

Chuck. His opponents were sneezing on him and KO'ing him spectacularly.

BJ should have retired after Nick Diaz. The first round of that fight was the last time he looked even slightly impressive.

Sherdog is such a dump for the brainless...

Saying BJ Penn was never really that good is one of the dumbest things ever written on here... and I've been here a long time... Back when BJ was a true beast. Trying to diminish his abilities back in his prime because his body's shot now and he can't compete anymore as an old man is beyond stupid. If you put Penn from 2005 in there with a guy like Siver he would destroy him in the first round. Give me a break. He would have beat the brakes off of Yair and then choked him out. People get old.

Saying BJ Penn was never really that good is one of the dumbest things ever written on here... and I've been here a long time... Back when BJ was a true beast. Trying to diminish his abilities back in his prime because his body's shot now and he can't compete anymore as an old man is beyond stupid. If you put Penn from 2005 in there with a guy like Siver he would destroy him in the first round. Give me a break. He would have beat the brakes off of Yair and then choked him out. People get old.

I've just resigned to the fact that people that weren't around when guys like BJ and Couture were in their primes will just never grasp how great they really were. They'll just look at the Sherdog record, see a lot of red and dismiss them.

We have no idea his ability because he gasses so quick and appears too tired to do anything.

MYoNk.gif

BJ. Hes like 1-7-1 over his last 9 fights and hasn't won since 2010. The fact that YAIR and DENNIS SIVER have wins over bj penn is sad. Chuck atleast lost to 3 former champs in a row, not a past his prime journeyman (siver) and an overrated prospect with zero good wins (yair)

I'm a fan of both and this is spot on.

"Its better to burn out than to fade away"

- Ken Flo..

Chuck because he is likely on the receiving end on said fighters highlight reels. BJ is just kind of going out with a whisper

i like how bj put it, he said something like, if you're the GOAT because you stopped fighting early, then fuck you

Chuck lost fights that he was winning/competitive in bj is just fucking horrible

BJ by a mile

Chuck was competitive in his fights before getting KO'd

people always forget he broke rich's arm right before that KO - rich was done if that shot doesn't land and take chuck out

Chuck got beat up in a way where people knew he was completely done.

Also the Rashad fight people say he was wining until he got KO'd which is technically true but highly misleading. With Rashad nothing of note happened in round 1 but he begins to outstrike Chuck in round 2 and was landing good shots prior to the kill shot.

And that was a shot that broke his jaw, even younger Chuck wasn't surviving that shot.

at least chuck looked like he belonged in there.. he just lost his chin.

the sport passed BJ by, he looks outclassed and too slow.

at least chuck looked like he belonged in there.. he just lost his chin.

the sport passed BJ by, he looks outclassed and too slow.

i agree with this. BJ really does very little in there. whereas chuck would make it a fight until he got flatlined.

Penn.

If BJ fought guys like Woodley, Lawlor, Cerrone, Wonderboy etc. he wouldn't have a chin left either. Those guys would run through him in a minute now. BJ isn't competitive with anyone in the UFC today.

Rampage stole chucks soul. Chuck was on top the world ...... face of the UFC ........ most popular fighter around and to casuals which I admit I was at the time seemed un beatable. Then Rampage comes back and I think okay Chuck get revenge ...... no BOOM. His chin n soul were gone never heard from again

people always forget he broke rich's arm right before that KO - rich was done if that shot doesn't land and take chuck out

People also forget that he was winning the fight against Rashad as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back