World police at it again, now aim turns toward Iran

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...00-days-trump-aides-turn-up-the-heat-on-iran/

Washington post states :

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson slammed Iran on Wednesday as a state sponsor of terrorism responsible for “alarming, ongoing provocations” across the Middle East. (Think: threats against Israel, support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and harassment of U.S. naval vessels in the Persian Gulf.) In formal remarks to reporters, Tillerson suggested the United States was considering whether to punish the Islamic republic by reimposing sanctions that were lifted under the 2015 nuclear agreement.

Tillerson wasn’t the only Trump administration official targeting Iran for criticism on Wednesday.

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis slammed Iran as a destabilizing influence, particularly in Yemen, during a visit to Saudi Arabia. “Everywhere you look, if there’s trouble in the region, you find Iran,” Mattis told reporters.

In the meantime, amid all the criticism, here’s a development worth noting: Iran has met all of its commitments under the nuclear deal so far, the administration officially told Congress this week.

End of quoting the article.

Okay so it's not enough that have our hands involved in Syria (with no end in sight) and North Korea, similarly with no immediate end in sight. Now we want to open up a third geopolitical confrontation with Iran, which will be viewed again as another possible dig and point of contention with Russia. Talk about having a wonderful trifecta going on. Clearly the US doesn't want war :rolleyes:

Where and when does it end? I mean heck we might as well start messing with Cuba at this point too.

Yeah, WaPo, that's professional fake news.

I'll wait until I hear what Cernovich has to say on this.

Oye... The silver lining to the cloud of the Trump administration was that he wasn't supposed to do this stuff.

Iran used to have a Holocaust denier as a leader... at least political leader... sssooooooo....

Taking pot shots at them doesn't seem THAT bad. I also don't see how this is US officials talking like we're going to start dropping J-DAMs on them and shit.

http://m.gulfnews.com/news/mena/iran/us-wants-un-to-focus-on-iran-instead-of-israel-1.2014629

Secondary news outlet states the following :

Haley, who holds the rotating presidency of the United Nations’ top decision-making body for April, wants to use a monthly meeting on “the situation in the Middle East, including the Palestinian question” to tackle Tehran’s role in Yemen and Syria and its support for Hezbollah, topics she sees as more central to the theme of Middle East peace.

“The Trump administration needs a grand plan on how to curb Iran’s influence, and right now I don’t see a plan,” said Alex Vatanka, a senior fellow at the Middle East Institute in Washington.

If the US decided to breach the nuclear accord, it would come in conflict with global powers, including European allies, China and Russia, that continue to support it.

At the same time, the Iran deal angered traditional US allies in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia, which says it’s battling Iranian proxies in a war in neighbouring Yemen.

The US seeks “to portray Iran as a criminal enterprise, not just as another bad country but as a rogue state that is engaged in horrible crimes across the region,” said Suzanne Maloney, a senior fellow at Brookings Institute in Washington. “We are moving from a position of accommodation to one of confrontation across multiple fronts

People will refuse to believe it, but Obama was significantly holding back the neo-con war hawks of the military-industrial complex.

Trump has no foreign policy background and no coherent vision. He is- by a wide mile- the least informed POTUS we've ever had in terms of world affairs.

There is no way he has the intelligence, energy, or commitment to significantly alter the course that US foreign policy has been on since the 80's, and in some ways since Vietnam. Plus, he is too hungry for adulation to do so, even if he had the capabilities, which, as I've said, he does not.

In all areas, but in foreign policy more than any other, he will be defined by inertia and regression to the status quo.

The goal is a normalized state of constant war. And the goal is all but achieved.

If you really thought Mr. Cut-Everything-But-Increase-the-Military Budget/ "Bomb the Hell Out of ISIS" was the CURE for this problem, you were naive.

Last edited:
Rex Tillerson is proving to be Dick Cheney 2.0 at this point.

For neocons, war with Iran is the pièce de résistance of the War on Terror (cue reverb and scary music).

What happened to trump focusing on America's needs at home? Isnt that what got him elected? now we are back to war mongering?

Hillary lost, get over it
Lol. I appreciate the humor, but in all sincerity I don't care for Hillary or Trump. Neither were appealing to me, as I personally saw both of them as just pans handling towards their base.

Funny because I know when I say this next statement illiterate morons are going to misinterpret it and respond with emotional douche baggery.

Hillary was and is a proven neocon war hawk, so I don't really see any difference in how our present foreign policy would be shaping up if she was in office. What is adversely aggravating is *The Don* was supposed to be focusing on America.

Now I know he would eventually look at Iran because he's been stating for awhile he was against O-bams deal. But his dicking in Syria and N. Korea was unexpectedly un necessary. Now after putting us in a state of no mans land with no apparent ability to back off from those two nations, he wants to now ratchet up the drums on a third nation.

This is what the steel balls of an idiot look like and somewhere done the line, because it will happen, more people are going to get killed over this chest pounding bullshit.

Lol. I appreciate the humor, but in all sincerity I don't care for Hillary or Trump. Neither were appealing to me, as I personally saw both of them as just pans handling towards their base.

Funny because I know when I say this next statement illiterate morons are going to misinterpret it and respond with emotional douche baggery.

Hillary was and is a proven neocon war hawk, so I don't really see any difference in how our present foreign policy would be shaping up if she was in office. What is adversely aggravating is *The Don* was supposed to be focusing on America.

Now I know he would eventually look at Iran because he's been stating for awhile he was against O-bams deal. But his dicking in Syria and N. Korea was unexpectedly un necessary. Now after putting us in a state of no mans land with no apparent ability to back off from those two nations, he wants to now ratchet up the drums on a third nation.

This is what the steel balls of an idiot look like and somewhere done the line, because it will happen, more people are going to get killed over this chest pounding bullshit.
Next time we need real choices goddammit

lol go ahead Muricans, Iran will be where your empire is buried.

Back