World Cup 2018 quarter finals vs UFC 226

I agree, please wake me up when they score a goal so I can see replay.
i'd rather wait till those two big half naked sweaty men you are watching cuddle each other had finished, wouldn't want to ruin your ''excitement'' for a replay you could see anytime.

"Behind French league"... lmao ok. Good one. Funny how the English league is so strong yet again here we are with only 2 teams in the quarter finals (same as Italy). In fact last year Juventus were in the final and no English team was close. The English are delusional when discussing club football. Italian football is still up there with English football. Spanish football is clearly at the top. And I will laugh off any argument you make that English football is ahead of Spanish.

Premier league is so far ahead of any other league, not just the top teams, but the league as a whole. Barca are probably the best team in the world, but Man City are incredible this year. Also Spurs are clearly a better team than Real Madrid based on the 2 meetings they had this year.

Dana White, the most famous MMA president of all time, mentioned once that UFC is bigger than soccer, which according to him is the least talented sport.

If you have to pick one, which would you watch?

I'm a Brit.
Not a fan of football like I used to be as a boy (huge Eric Cantona fan when I was younger) but I still tune in for every World Cup football tournament.
UFC is on regularly. World Cup football is on once every four years.

It's footy for me.

Premier league is so far ahead of any other league, not just the top teams, but the league as a whole. Barca are probably the best team in the world, but Man City are incredible this year. Also Spurs are clearly a better team than Real Madrid based on the 2 meetings they had this year.

Spurs are not better than Real Madrid. Just because you beat a team head to head doesn't mean you are better. Real Madrid are still in the Champions League. Spurs arent. And no the English league is not better than La Liga. Could you please provide your reasons for saying that?

Let's look at last year's Champions league:
Spanish team won it
2 Spanish teams in the semi finals
0 English teams in the semi finals
3 Spanish teams in the quarter finals
1 English team in the quarter finals

Year before that:
Spanish team won it
2 Spanish teams in the final
0 English teams in the final
2 Spanish teams in the semi final
1 English team in the semi final
3 Spanish teams in the quarter final
1 English team in the quarter final

Year before that:
Spanish team won it
1 Spanish team in the final
0 English teams in the semi final
0 English teams in the quarter final (lol)

Europa league last year:
English team won it
1 Spanish team in the semi final

Year before that:
Spanish team won it
2 Spanish teams in semi final
1 English team in semi final

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Clearly La Liga is the best league in the world. They dick on EPL all the time and dominate both the Champions league and Europa league. I love when these people listen to too much Talksport and think the EPL is number 1 when there is literally no evidence to back that up.

Spurs are not better than Real Madrid. Just because you beat a team head to head doesn't mean you are better. Real Madrid are still in the Champions League. Spurs arent. And no the English league is not better than La Liga. Could you please provide your reasons for saying that?

Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Europa league last year:
English team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Clearly La Liga is the best league in the world. They dick on EPL all the time and dominate both the Champions league and Europa league. I love when these people listen to too much Talksport and think the EPL is number 1 when there is literally no evidence to back that up.

Club level football is all about money nowadays. You see 90% of the Barcelona, Real Madrid and Premier League squad filled with global elite players.

World Cup and Euro Cup football is way better since players actually play for their country. Then you find many of these star players are overrated since they don't have a team built around them like they have in their club.

Club level football is all about money nowadays. You see 90% of the Barcelona, Real Madrid and Premier League squad filled with global elite players.

World Cup and Euro Cup football is way better since players actually play for their country. Then you find many of these star players are overrated since they don't have a team built around them like they have in their club.

Good point. I don't enjoy international football as much because it is lower quality. The players don't gel or play as a team anywhere near as well as club football because they don't get enough time to train together etc. I love the spectacle of it but the Champions League is the highest quality of football in the world.

giphy.gif

Damn, almost forgot Gus could have been killed right there.

Champions League can also suck. I'm sure English teams care more about Premier League than when they play against FC Nagorno Karabakh in the CL.

Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Europa league last year:
English team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

It's impossible to disagree with you, that Spanish teams do better in the champions league. The facts speak for themselves. What i'm saying is, from top to bottom the league is better. Spurs finished the group ahead of Madrid (beat them 3-1, drew 1-1), Chelsea finished the group ahead of Atleti (beat them 2-1, drew 1-1), and Liverpool finished the group ahead of Sevilla(drew 2-2, drew 3-3). That's 3 groups in this years champions league with both English and Spanish teams, Spanish teams failing to win a single game.

Granted Spurs are out, but of course they dominated Juve and conceded 2 sloppy goals in 2 minutes, it's what Spurs do!

It's impossible to disagree with you, that Spanish teams do better in the champions league. The facts speak for themselves. What i'm saying is, from top to bottom the league is better. Spurs finished the group ahead of Madrid (beat them 3-1, drew 1-1), Chelsea finished the group ahead of Atleti (beat them 2-1, drew 1-1), and Liverpool finished the group ahead of Sevilla(drew 2-2, drew 3-3). That's 3 groups in this years champions league with both English and Spanish teams, Spanish teams failing to win a single game.

Granted Spurs are out, but of course they dominated Juve and conceded 2 sloppy goals in 2 minutes, it's what Spurs do!

I think we mostly agree. The EPL is the most competitive and exciting league in the world. Can't deny it. I think it's competitiveness hinders their success in Europe as they have to take every game seriously. Also no winter break hurts too.

I had to really think about this...

Stipe vs DC.

I think we mostly agree. The EPL is the most competitive and exciting league in the world. Can't deny it. I think it's competitiveness hinders their success in Europe as they have to take every game seriously. Also no winter break hurts too.

Yea and coupled with the fact England is a nation of bottlers (Spurs this season/every international tournament since 1966) it never goes well for us on the biggest stage aha. Hope we get to see Barca v Man City this year in the final.

Yea and coupled with the fact England is a nation of bottlers (Spurs this season/every international tournament since 1966) it never goes well for us on the biggest stage aha. Hope we get to see Barca v Man City this year in the final.

I'm an Arsenal fan so as long as we get to the final before Atletico maul us I'm good.

You know whats gonna happen !! I can really see Henderson and dier running the show in midfield lol
I'm waiting for Harry Kane to break a metatarsal on the last game of the premier league season, as is tradition

being competitive is irrelevant, i'm talking about the difficulty of the league, talent etc

If you honestly think a good amount of the stars from Calcio A couldn't play at almost any club if they wanted to, I don't know what to say.

Most of their players, especially Juventus are not Italians.
Italian players are mostly bench players and role players, no real talent. After Pirlo, Italy has become mediocre, no real replacement, no world class. Just like Netherlands they're in transitional period.

I only brought up clubs because he did, of course every big team with money has a lot of international talent. I agree, they are in a transitional period with a lot of the best players getting old, but to say Italy is bad at football is ridiculous.

I only brought up clubs because he did, of course every big team with money has a lot of international talent. I agree, they are in a transitional period with a lot of the best players getting old, but to say Italy is bad at football is ridiculous.

italys not bad, but they are doing almost everything wrong right now. They shouldnt have let this guy go.
I mean ... this guy had italy's worst team and what he has achieved with this team ... FUCKEN GOAT TRAINER.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Europa league last year:
English team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

Year before that:
Spanish team won it

In my opinion while the best La Liga teams are historically better than the best EPL teams, the EPL has more teams that can play at a higher level. For example Barca, Real, Atletico you could argue are better than City, United, Liverpool, whatever. But there are always more teams like Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal looking to break into the top 4. With La Liga imo there is less of that: there's Valencia and occasionally Sevilla.

Back