Working 60+ hours per week

Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there

I have been working 60 -80 hours a week for 15 years bro. It is very sustainable. Last year I worked every single day of the week and back to back 12's on the weekends.
If you get burned out request a day or two off to recharge. No big deal.

When I started my career 12 years ago I kind of wish I worked more. I had a very flexible job, working 4/10s, but actually working maybe 25-30 hrs per week. Being single I had all the time in the world too with no debt and cheap rent. Could have easily worked a part-time or per-diem work addiional 20-30 hrs per week within my field. I would have maxed out my 403b, 457 and Roth IRA for as long as possible. I would have also traveled more.

However, now being married with a kid, 40 hrs is enough. Free-time is way too valuable. I don't mind ocassional OT or non-time consuming side gig's doing photography, but that's it.

Right now I work twelves on a nightshift and I am thinking of trying out the overtime life because it is available and plus I only live a mile away from work.

I have been working 60 -80 hours a week for 15 years bro. It is very sustainable. Last year I worked every single day of the week and back to back 12's on the weekends.
If you get burned out request a day or two off to recharge. No big deal.

Why so much for so long ?

What has doing so much given you ?

Back