Woodley is way better than overrated Rory

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I keep seeing people bring up Rory as a way to discredit Woodley.

Face the facts, Woodley is the better fighter. Styles make fights. Just because Woodley lost to Rory doesnt mean Rory is better.

Woodley did what Rory could not against Wonderboy and Lawler and made it look easy. Rory is good, but vastly overrated. Hasnt done shit.

I could easily see Till beating Rory if they faced each other.

He lost to Trump, too.

EUyk9Ri.gif

Rory is legit but Woodley has evolved since their bout. Rory has also arguably declined, in spite of him getting into a war every other fight. Woodley fights way smarter and takes little to no damage

Rory is a much better technician, but allows himself to get caught up in brawls. Woodley is more of the opposite, so... it doesn't make sense, but ok. I would pick Rory in a rematch though.

i believe woodley is better - agreed. Rory is top tier though, dont think he is overrated but cant see him fighting forever. he has been in way too many wars to keep it going

Woodley got beat up by an overrated fighter?

What does that say about him?

Both guys are legit, can say either is overrated.....

I keep seeing people bring up Rory as a way to discredit Woodley.

Face the facts, Woodley is the better fighter. Styles make fights. Just because Woodley lost to Rory doesnt mean Rory is better.

Woodley did what Rory could not against Wonderboy and Lawler and made it look easy. Rory is good, but vastly overrated. Hasnt done shit.

I could easily see Till beating Rory if they faced each other.

GSPGOAT

Woodley is a smarter fighter, Rory is more talented, GSP has both.

There is no possible way to help Sherdoggers understand head-to-head matchups doesn't determine who the better fighter is

Its like rocket science to Sherdoggers

Also it doesn't help that Rory is a loved and hyped dude while a lot of people hates Woodley. So they will rather be simple minded and assume that Rory is the better fighter since he beat him

Rory isnt overrated but i believe woodley has his way with him.

He made it look easy VS Wonderboy? By having 2 controversial fights, ending in majority draw and majority decision? Smarten up dummy

No one has made it look easy VS Wonderboy

I would love to have seen Mousasi versus Woodley. But I guess we'll soon see how Rory fares against the Moose.

Woodley had nothing for Rory and still doesn't. If anyone's overrated...

There is no possible way to help Sherdoggers understand head-to-head matchups doesn't determine who the better fighter is

Its like rocket science to Sherdoggers

Also it doesn't help that Rory is a loved and hyped dude while a lot of people hates Woodley. So they will rather be simple minded and assume that Rory is the better fighter since he beat him
Some fighter will always have another fighters number, No matter how much better one fighter might be.

Dennis Hallman over Matt Hughes for example.

Back