Wonderboy's in that tricky situation where his dad is holding him back

Yeah, he totally held him back in kickboxing.
What a tricky dad: ruins his son's career, but only in MMA.

TS, can you please try to be less stupid?
Thank you

TS knows more than Wonderboy dad, Wonderman.

Are you completely incapable of delivering your opinion without insulting someone? Seems like all you do on here is look for people with a different opinion so you can tell them how stupid they are. I agree, his Dad isn't holding him back but you just come across as a complete loser and a waste of space in your posts. Chill the fuck out and try debating with someone without insulting them.

He has an opinion.

I have an opinion about his opinion's value and his IQ.

Wonderboy can’t very well fire his dad and hurt his feelings. Maybe he should look into having him poisoned. That should do the trick nicely

Say he's on steroids in a postfight interview, for no reason at all. That's how you get'em out of your hair.
"...but I'm not".

That was so cringey. I hope USADA followed him out of the octagon.

You can't say his Dad is holding him back when he wen't 37-0 amateur then 20-0 professional kickboxing fights. If anything all this is evidence of is how different the sports are and that he simply doesn't have the right style for a top MMA fighter.

He does though, most media and fans thought he beat woodley in the rematch and till yesterday. It's not like he's getting smoked. He's losing decisions that he probably should win because he fights a very tentative defensive style

I'm not so sure. Between the 4th and 5th WB's dad was urging him to "light him (Till) up". If WB would have fought in the 5th with the urgency that his dad was coaching him to then the result could have been different.

TS has no idea what he is talking about.

Wonderboy should move up. He already has a win over Whitaker and I can see him having success.

Really want to see him vs Machida but that fight won't ever happen. Ryu v Ken

I'm not so sure. Between the 4th and 5th WB's dad was urging him to "light him (Till) up". If WB would have fought in the 5th with the urgency that his dad was coaching him to then the result could have been different.

Yeah I agree. I also think he should have pressured more when he hit till with the straights that made him shake his head. IMO till shook his head to try and create the perception that he wasn't hurt. Imo he was getting stung but WB failed to capitalize.

It may be from the oblique kick that WB mentioned, but I felt watching the fight that WB was holding back. I'm not gonna say he took it easy on till but WB doesnt seem to have the killer instinct.

There have been so many cases of talented fighters being trained by their dad or other childhood mentors, men who have no experience at the top level of the sport, but due to the talent of the fighter, have gotten them near or close to the top

Problem is they don't have the experience or knowledge to take their kid/fighter to the next level

BUT fight is so loyal to dad/trainer because of what they have done since birth, they won't leave them and dad/trainer wants his time in the limelight

Wonderboy is in that position. Been plenty of examples in boxing, Kelly Pavlik, Michael Katsidis etc,

Feinting and dancing around, countering and setting traps, all important skills but not the highest form of striking. The highest form of striking is intelligent agression where you take your opponent apart and don't get hit in return

I would have thought this was plainly obvious. But evidently the fact that Wonderboy’s dad knows more than TS completely negates any discrepancy between him and all other trainers who could offer Wonderboy new advice.

Why are people arguing this?

1) His dad got him this far.

2) His dad knows more than TS.

3) Other trainers know way more than his dad in regards to mma, and could be of far more assistance at this point in his career.

These can all be true. And they are.

Back