"Wonderboy" Thompson - Has everyone written him off?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think he's still pretty good. I was impressed with him even after watching that Brown fight where he got taken and held down multiple times.

Both his kicks and hands are pretty good. His grappling leaves little to be desired but the more experience he gets, I think he'll start coming into his own. Lots of dexterity in his legs and distance control will help him against people who try to take him down. Once he figures out what techniques he'll be able to use effectively in an MMA fight he should be fine.

I don't know if he'll reach the top level with the limited grappling but he obviously has potential. Joe silva needs to handle his career carefully because his style is going to put up alot of exciting fights.

Burrell looks to be an exciting fighter too and he'll definitely oblige and trade with Thompson.

stephen-thompson-ko.gif

Seems the Burrell fight was made to produce another highlight reel Wonderboy KO. Mediocre boxer vs. a world-class kickboxer.

But if Brown can grapplefuck Wonderboy, Burrell probably can too.

Seems the Burrell fight was made to produce another highlight reel Wonderboy KO. Mediocre boxer vs. a world-class kickboxer.

But if Brown can grapplefuck Wonderboy, Burrell probably can too.

World class kickboxer? he's getting cut after tommorow.

I have. But i never really saw the big deal about him anyway. GSP says he's the best striker he's ever seen and then the Wonderboy vs Anderson threads pop up.

Hopefully he's improved his MMA skills, was impressed by his KO in his debut but it was against a can which he duly recycled. Brown proved to be a step up too soon, but atleast it showed where he needs to improve. Looking forward to this fight.

Hopefully he can sprawl. Nice jump in the win, though.

I still think he can still do some damage. He's been the person closest to finishing Matt Brown's granite noggin with strikes. Two fights in the UFC: one a gorgeous n nasty head kick KO and the other a brutal FOTN caliber slobberknocker. He's great TV at the very least.

Color me surprised. A guy who has his hands down and baits people to punch him, throws a variety of kicks, and prefers to stand and bang bro? The community has already lost faith after just 1 fight?

In other news, people are chattering up a storm on how they hate stalling techniques or complaining about something!

I'll give this guy a vote of confidence.

He came in a little late for his age. He just looked really really bad against Brown. By the time he is a good enough grappler, I just see his age becoming a problem. I do think he has some highlight real KO's in his future, but he will stay against low to mid tier fighters.

I was hoping for something of a WW Machida, but that is obviously not going to happen.

Beating Stittgen shouldn't have meant anything in the first place.

I didn't.Wonderboy had two great fights,lost to Brown and I'm sure he will win against
Burrell

I thought they where gonna feed amir sadolas pansy ass to wonderboy

He hadn't really proven himself yet to be written off, so...

He hadn't really proven himself yet to be written off, so...

Matt Brown is a proven commodity. Thompson fought him in his 2nd fight out and was rocking him pretty bad in the stand up. That to me means something.

What happened was, after the hype of his 1st fight, his drop off was so huge because of the wrestling disparity that everyone seems to have lost faith in him.

I think the community is self loathing towards wrestlers. Especially being that WW is still chalked full of em that they're giving him no chance to thrive.

Back