Wonderboy a slight favorite over Woodley

Woodley is gonna get got.

This fight is a treat. I'd love to see Woodley win in dramatic fashion after an exctitng round or two.
Wonderboy is such an interesting riddle on the feet. It'll be interesting to see how Woodley adjusts in this fight.

I think woodley will definitely try and incorporate more TD's in this fight, there was a distinct lack of them in the first fight and it could go a long way to winning rounds that otherwise WB would of picked up on points. the possibility is there at least. WB is still relatively green on the ground compared to the rest of the top 10. and woodley didn;t utilise his grappling advantage to full extent. possibly due to conserving energy, but he said post fight he doesn't know why he didn't. on top of that woodley is still training with a lot of karate guys, I think he will have a much better understanding of WB's style this time.

I see it being harder for WB to change his tactics and being able to implement them for this reason.

TheLastEmperorReurns

I think woodley will definitely try and incorporate more TD's in this fight, there was a distinct lack of them in the first fight and it could go a long way to winning rounds that otherwise WB would of picked up on points. the possibility is there at least. WB is still relatively green on the ground compared to the rest of the top 10. and woodley didn;t utilise his grappling advantage to full extent. possibly due to conserving energy, but he said post fight he doesn't know why he didn't. on top of that woodley is still training with a lot of karate guys, I think he will have a much better understanding of WB's style this time.

I see it being harder for WB to change his tactics and being able to implement them for this reason.
Thanks for the input. I do think this is Woodley's fight to win, albeit by a slim margin, as he has more options come fight time. His body type and build definitely limit him to conservatively guarding his energy stores over a thinner-built fighter, but I think he gets it done on the fourth.

This seems like really bad logic.
I like you, and even though this situation is rare between us, imma have to disagree hard

giphy.gif

Woodley will destroy him this time. Another easy bet. I love vegas betting on these GWH. Easy money.

Khabib is favored 2:1 too. Again even if you think fight is even easy bet.

Wonder boy ko by with a knee stuffing a take down, calling it now

I feel like flipping a coin would give you a better prediction than trying to analyze it, so I'd say the line should be a little closer, but it's not far off. It's a pick 'em if I ever saw one.

Rightfully so. We all know Woodley got lucky in the 4th round.

The funniest thing is, Woodley dropped him 2 times, got him in a deep ass choke, and Wonderboy was still on top of him dropping hammers at the end of the round.

So even if Woodley somehow hurts him, he won't be able to finish the job. Not with a KO, not with a choke. No nothing.

Stephen is bulking up now too so we all know Tyron is fucked.
lol you're out of your mind..

Tyron almost MURDERED Stephen.

Not suprised. They always bet againts woodley, as his opponents have been the favorite for most of his recent fights. Doesnt mean Wonderboy won't take that L though.

I think most people view Wonderboy as the more skilled fighter if the two, Woodley just has that power. I am not surprised Wonderboy is the favourite.
Striking skill is not the only kind of skill, "most" MMA fans do seem to think that way though.

"Striking is real fighting, grappling..." :(

Its like you never seen a rematch that went the other way
I have but Woodley had an obvious advantage on the ground evidenced by Round 1 and did considerable more damage standing than Wonderboy. He won on one of the judge's card and is the champion.

He should be the clear favourite.

I think Wonderboy had a better shot the first time, Woodley finishes him this time. Wouldn't bet on it.

Back