Winning NG-2 Review

ironwolf

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is a fairly short review because this is a fairly simple product. Recently I was looking for some knuckle guards, I was looking for these for 3 reasons:

-I have a few pairs of gloves that are a bit big in the hand pocket
-I want something for when my hands are banged up
-I want something to prevent hand injuries

With my Thailand trip coming Up I felt the last 2 reasons held a pretty high priority, because I dont want to get hurt before the trip.

I got on Taobao (chinese ebay basically) to look for such things as Title seems to sell a lot of stuff there (or somebody buys it and sells it), The problem was the things I found there were marked up like crazy IE: Everlast gel hand protectors that are 6.99 on title were about 280rmb (40 bucks)....

So, I got on Rakuten and placed an order for 2 sets of NG-2s, Total cost with chipping was 42 dollars shipped from Japan to China, 2 pairs. all emails and everything happened right on time as I was told here they would, NG-2s got here about 5 days later.

I used them tonight in a 16oz BGV-1 and they filled up the hand pocket and absorbed a lot of shock, after 8 rounds of sparring and 30 minutes of pads, my hands feel fine, none of that sort of achiness I sometimes get after similar sessions.

SO overall, I give them a 10-10 because they do everything I want and they were easy to get.
+its winning
+its good protection
+easy to use
+material has a flap for your hands

-you have to order it from Japan....

If you are looking for such a thing, its hard to go wrong IMO.

Iron do you actually like the elastic wool cuff design that goes over the palm?

I guess, I mean ie used these once. I suppose I could cut it off and it wouldn't be a big deal.

ah, yeah I cut my band off, I hated it.

Tutorial on how to wrap with these please... :p
They always shift when i'm placing my hands in the gloves. I haven't found a way of using them that I like. I gave up on them a while ago and opted to buy winning gloves instead.

I picked up a pair last week and used them for roughly 15 plus rounds. I actually don't mind the band that goes around your palm. They it does get in the way when I hold thai pads though. As for the knuckle guards themselves they're great. They make a crappy pair of gloves usable.

yeah its going to be hard squeezing into a 12oz glove with the NG2 in ANY glove

I actually like the band but I can see why others don't.

NG-2 is greatly underrated imo. Its relatively cheap (especially since its Winning) and it does make a noticeable difference.

I like the band too, I cut it off one pair and it was a poor choice (for me).

I've just ordered a pair of these, had wondering about wrapping but Stratocastr's guide should work. Thanks very much.

The band is ok for me. It's more of a pain to use these in my gloves because it makes my gloves too tight, I'm talking 16oz gloves. I'm thinking of getting the tokushu plus just to use these.

Mine came in the post this morning. These things are pretty amazing, my gloves fit even better with them too.

Mine came in the post this morning. These things are pretty amazing, my gloves fit even better with them too.

when did you order if you dont mind... I ordered over 2 weeks ago still nothing.

How do you guys keep these clean? Throw them in the washer and dryer with the wraps? Or will the heat from the dryer mess them up?

I buy them in bulk and throw them away after each use.

Saw a video with Sergio Martinez wrapping his hands with Winning NG2s the other day.

How do you guys keep these clean? Throw them in the washer and dryer with the wraps? Or will the heat from the dryer mess them up?

I occasionally wash them by hand. Very occasionally.

Last edited:
I dont wash mine at all, like gloves I just allow them to air out properly but I dont use mine very often. They are hard getting into a glove.

Back