winning gear (gloves, cup, headgear, wraps)

Gonzaginator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Alright finally got my Winning gear. Took some time because of the custom color and stuff which was a little annoying but im glad its here now.

Im too lazy to do detailed reviews on them because that could take forever and Im too lazy for that right now. :icon_chee

Winning gloves: Definitely the best gloves out there. The quality is excellent, the materials they use are premium, they feel very comfortable especially the way the thumb is designed. Great wrist support. Even the laces on Winning gloves are awesome. I have some Grant and Reyes gloves but Winning is definitely better in terms of overall quality and performance wise, they offer better protection and they are easier on your sparring partners because of the soft foam. I got these before the blue 14 oz arrived so I couldnt really say whether inside they felt big or not. They felt great, but when the 14 oz arrived those felt even better because I dont have the biggest hands. The hand compartment is a little bigger on the 16 oz but its perfect for me because when I put on some hand wraps its a snug fit. Its so much fun to throw punches with these gloves because theyre so light and feel so good on your hands. A+

FG 5000 Headgear: Its very light. The foam is awesome, its very soft inside, outside the foam is not as soft but still somewhat soft if that makes sense. The chin strap doesnt choke you. Excellent vision. The fit is outstanding, feels like youre wearing one of those Nascar helmets just the way they feel inside. Im not talking about bulk or weight. It feels very comfortable and it doesnt slide around. Offers perfect protection. Best headgear out there. A+

FG 2900: The white one is a little older and you can tell because it's all white. The new ones (see the gold or the the blue FG 5000) are black inside. Not sure why Winning did that, maybe so the gear doesnt get dirty as fast? No idea but I like it the Black & Gold and the Blue on Black looks cool. Better than all white or all blue or all gold. Anyway I did a review on the FG 2900 a while ago so theres no need to do another detailed review. Its extremely light, it offers almost the same protection as the FG5000, not quite as much. But you if you wanna protect your nose this one gets the job done, you don't need the one with the bar that bad. The cheek protectors are amazing and the fit is even better than the FG5000, it feels awesome on your head, I dont even wanna take it off after training. The quality is fantastic just like any Winning equipment. A+

Cup CPS 500: Its extremely light and it feels amazing when you have it on mainly because theres no padding and stuff in the backside. I have a Reyes no foul protector and compared to the Winning it doesnt feel as comfortable because like i said it has padding where your ass is and you dont really need it there, and its real leather so combine the leather + the padding and its gonna feel a little stiff. The Winning doesnt have that, theres no padding in the back and not even leather. Its got this stretchy material instead and then you have the laces. I dont know how durable this stretchy material is gonna be to be honest. I dont know if its gonna get stretched out after a while or rip or whatnot. Id be surprised because im sure Winning wouldnt put anything like that together, something that doesnt last long. So i dont know, I guess we'll see. So in terms of comfort and protection the Winning cup is the best out there, im sure other people that own this cup would say the same thing. But as for durability? I dont know. Cant comment on that yet because Im not sure. But I love wearing it, feels awesome on.

Winning also hooked me up with a free pair of hand wraps (for training, they're like 5 meters). When i saw them i thought they were gauze actually. Because thats what they look like. I went on their website and realized that they also sell these hand wraps that look like gauze but are for training for 16 bucks. They feel great and they kinda cool your hands down, it doesnt get hot inside the glove. Very different from the average thick, cotton type handwraps out there that kinda heat up your hands and gloves. But im not sure how durable these hand wraps are and how long theyll last. They dont look TOOO durable. But again we will see I guess. But they do feel awesome, more comfortable than any other wraps ive tried on. Then again I have some of the cheapest hand wraps of anybody on the planet I believe. :icon_chee

Last edited:
Outstanding!! I am totally-

jelly.jpg

Winning also hooked me up with a free pair of hand wraps (for training, they're like 5 meters). When i saw them i thought they were gauze actually. Because thats what they look like. I went on their website and realized that they also sell these hand wraps that look like gauze but are for training for 16 bucks. They feel great and they kinda cool your hands down, it doesnt get hot inside the glove. Very different from the average thick, cotton type handwraps out there that kinda heat up your hands and gloves. But im not sure how durable these hand wraps are and how long theyll last. They dont look TOOO durable. But again we will see I guess. But they do feel awesome, more comfortable than any other wraps ive tried on. Then again I have some of the cheapest hand wraps of anybody on the planet I believe. :icon_chee

I have the same ones (VL-B). I really don't like them very much for the exact reasons you pointed out above, they felt great initially, but started wearing out after about a month.

On the other hand, I have their cotton wraps and love them (The VL-C). They are definately not as light and cool as the Vl-B, but they are fantastic quality (Like all Winning stuff) and very protective.

U are like the authority on Winnings on here! :)

Thanks everyone. If you have questions or requests let me know I'll try to help you if you consider any of the Winning gear pictured. I recommend them all basically except for the hand wraps. They are 16 bucks and you basically will get them for free anyway if you order anything from Winning I assume.

The first picture came out bad for some reason it looks grayish. For anybody wondering the colors look much better in person than in the first pic.

28r1nc4.jpg

Also you can see the stretchy material on the cup (backside) right next to the laces the black piece thats like 5 inches.

And what I forgot to add was that the laces aren't anything like they are on the headgear and gloves, the laces look the same but they are stretchy as well. So it's kinda hard to deal with when you try to get the cup on. But it makes wearing the cup more comfortable and durable as well.

I have the same ones (VL-B). I really don't like them very much for the exact reasons you pointed out above, they felt great initially, but started wearing out after about a month.

On the other hand, I have their cotton wraps and love them (The VL-C). They are definately not as light and cool as the Vl-B, but they are fantastic quality (Like all Winning stuff) and very protective.

Crap, why did they send me this one. :icon_lol:
Good to know that my initial assessment wasn't that bad in terms of durability of the hand wraps. They really don't look like they will last more than maybe a dozen longer sessions on the heavy bag.

Kinda bummed Winning didn't send me the knuckle guards instead. :icon_sad:
They cost the same but I would have picked those instead of the free hand wraps. I need them for my other gloves that I hit the bag with because my knuckles still hurt here and there.

If you were to choose one headgear over the other, which would it be?

I would get the FG 2900. It's a little more comfortable to wear, it offers almost the same protection but it's only 200 bucks compared to the 370 for the FG 5000. If you had nose surgery or something like that then I would get the FG 5000 to protect my nose.

Funny you should mention nose surgery, I recently had surgery for a fractured orbit, which is why I was considering the FG-5000, but was wondering if the 2900 would do the job...

Oh ok. The FG 2900 offers excellent eye, nose and cheek bone protection. You still feel the impact of a punch when you get hit so I'm not sure if your bones can handle that (i mean they should unless you had surgery 2 days or so ago lol). If you have to avoid any type of contact with your nose or cheek bones/eyes then the FG 5000 is the way to go. But in your case it sounds like you don't need that.

please do a review or you using or sparring with them. I want to see how flashy they look in motion lol :)

how do the gloves compare protection wise to the top ten gloves you had (i'm assuming that was you that did a review on the top ten gloves a while back)

i'm just obsessed with injection molds when it comes to sparring gloves

how do the gloves compare protection wise to the top ten gloves you had (i'm assuming that was you that did a review on the top ten gloves a while back)

i'm just obsessed with injection molds when it comes to sparring gloves
The Top Ten have a lot more padding in the knuckle area, and it's denser as well. Pretty similar to the Ringside IMF Tech actually now that I think about it. But they offer great protection for your hands because of the foam they use and the amount of padding they have. But if you punch really hard the padding kind of gives in and you'll feel it on your knuckles. It doesn't hurt or anything but still. The Winnings are different. They have half the amount of padding over the knuckles I'd say, the padding is softer, but it does a better job at protecting your hands, the padding they use is excellent. I didn't really feel anything on my knuckles in sparring which was weird because I'm not used to it. But I still have to try them out for a while. The Top Tens are awesome though in terms of protection. There are other things that I don't like about them that would make me buy the Winning instead.

Gonzaga how would you compare the 14oz winnings with your grant 14oz sparring gloves? I prefer a snug smaller feeling mexican glove and always read the winnings gloves had too much padding.

Back