Winning FG-2900 Help!

ifuture703

White Belt
Reaction score
whats up fellas?! new to the forum and I have been reading a lot of reviews about the FG-2900 and a lot of your comments lol...I pulled the trigger on a custom FG-2900 the other day but they shipped me a standard one and Steve apologized and said to ship it back and he will send me the custom one...here is my problem...

I got the headgear yesterday and its a M however when I put it on it only it fits really tight on my forehead so I made it loose on the back and it fit a little better however the cheek protectors are now super close to my mouth, if try to tie it more to spread them out it becomes way too tight up top.

I'm worried that if I get the Large it will be perfect up top but the cheek protectors will be too big and close to my nose/mouth even if i tighten it, my measurements are about 57.5 cm/22.5 inches.

I need to figure this out fast before Steve tells me its too late to change the size to a Large for the custom headgear.

Thanks!!

i'd go with a large i have a LL right here in front of me and it fits my 57.5-58.5cm head just fine, my head might be a bit on the small size for a LL but no complaints here

i'd go with a large i have a LL right here in front of me and it fits my 57.5-58.5cm head just fine, my head might be a bit on the small size for a LL but no complaints here

awesome, thanks for your imput...how come you got the LL? do you have to tie it down all the way? and i'm also curious about how the cheek protectors fit, I don't want them super close to my nose/mouth...

sorry about all the questions but this is for a custom order and i don't want to waste all that money

i just grabbed it off ebay for $120 and wasn't really paying attention to the sizing as it was just for R&D

i had a medium before it felt fine as well just had to open up the back a bit more.

right now the back is tied up all the way so it's as small as it can be, and the cheeks are 2" apart from each other. i think a large would fit me better but this one seems to fit fine.

hope this helps

Mike @ Gorilla Fight Gear

I was pretty close to your measurment, everybody was saying to buy an M, but I went with L and I'm glad I did.

I'm glad I went with my M

I read somewhere on here your head is 23.5...isn't the M too tight for you around the forehead because that is my problem...if I make it loose on the back I can make the forehead a bit more comfortable but then the cheeks are way too close but then when I pull them it becomes too tight up top.

How do you fit the back without it being too tight and are able to spread the cheek protectors at the same time lol

I was pretty close to your measurment, everybody was saying to buy an M, but I went with L and I'm glad I did.

I had to make a decision and told Steve to make it a large, what's funny is that I just found the thread where you posted the same question and saw everyone telling you to go with the M LOL

How much lace space do you have left over in the back?

I read somewhere on here your head is 23.5...isn't the M too tight for you around the forehead because that is my problem...if I make it loose on the back I can make the forehead a bit more comfortable but then the cheeks are way too close but then when I pull them it becomes too tight up top.

How do you fit the back without it being too tight and are able to spread the cheek protectors at the same time lol

Tight forehead is gonna be there even if you went with a L. Just break it in.

It's really tight on my forehead too. To the point where I get headaches. I tried and tried to adjust the fit but I gave up. I might have a potato head or something.

Not everyone... :wink:

True that. You were the only person who said get an L haha. It was funny, everybody was saying "get an M"....all i could think was that I always wear l or xl, and I'm 6'4 and 200lbs, how could I possible need an M????

Glad I listened to you although I broke my finger and got a staph infection about 2 weeks after I got the 2900 so I really just got to use it 2 times. Oh well, I had my first session back a few days ago....talk about ring rust and no wind....sucks getting old.

True that. You were the only person who said get an L haha. It was funny, everybody was saying "get an M"....all i could think was that I always wear l or xl, and I'm 6'4 and 200lbs, how could I possible need an M????

Glad I listened to you although I broke my finger and got a staph infection about 2 weeks after I got the 2900 so I really just got to use it 2 times. Oh well, I had my first session back a few days ago....talk about ring rust and no wind....sucks getting old.

really dude, he was the only one who told you to get L? Really? :)

Maybe not the ONLY one...:icon_chee

Ha, I'm glad he posted that as there is no way I'd recommend a Medium in anything Winning unless it was for a TINY dude. L or 2L is always the answer when it comes to Japan's finest....

Back