Winning 16 OZ (Help)

Exothermic

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've finally decided to purchase my very FIRST set of Winning gloves.
Being a longtime lurker I've always wondered how it would be to actually use them considering the ever great reviews and enjoying the C17/UMA/Sabas winning style gloves.
But now the question, is it necessary to replace the original velcro strap with a thicker & wider one? And if so.. where would be the most ideal place to order these beauties. Thanks in advance and any other tips are welcome.

I would just go for the MS600 Laceups, and add the new Lace N Loop glove converters.

I've been using them lately with all of my laceup gloves and the wrist support is good as traditional laceups.

Very easy to use too.

I would just go for the MS600 Laceups, and add the new Lace N Loop glove converters.

I've been using them lately with all of my laceup gloves and the wrist support is good as traditional laceups.

Very easy to use too.

Yep, do that. It's the best option.

You can buy Winning gloves from Kozuji (https://www.kozuji.com/). It's a bit more expensive than some other online stores, but the customer service is great.

You can buy LaceN'Loop directly from the company (https://lacenloop.com/).

Very easy to use too.

I did not even know these existed.. they are amazing. Instantly ordered them.
So now I'll be able to use the lace-ups just as easy. Amazing tip and thanks A LOT.

Yep, do that. It's the best option.

You can buy Winning gloves from Kozuji (https://www.kozuji.com/). It's a bit more expensive than some other online stores, but the customer service is great.

You can buy LaceN'Loop directly from the company (https://lacenloop.com/).

Yeah thanks for the links, I'll use them both. Already ordered the Lace N loops, thanks once again.

Buy through Koubudo Rakuten Japan, best price, a lot cheaper then kozuji. Bought a few things through them, always good.

Buy through Koubudo Rakuten Japan, best price, a lot cheaper then kozuji. Bought a few things through them, always good.

Thanks for the tip.
A basic color will do and it seems to be a lot cheaper.

Yeah, i don't know why people go with Kozuji? Just looked, 160z lace up $290 kozuji and $243 Koudoudo? Big price difference.

Yeah, i don't know why people go with Kozuji? Just looked, 160z lace up $290 kozuji and $243 Koudoudo? Big price difference.

The reason is that the sellers on Rakuten are notorious for their bad customer service, delays, miscommunications, and so on.

This is not to suggest that everyone has negative experiences using Rakuten sellers. You've obviously had positive experiences, which is great.

I'm just saying that the risk of a negative experience seems to be higher with Rakuten sellers than Kozuji. This judgement is only based on my own experiences and the anecdotal evidence in forums, however.

The reason is that the sellers on Rakuten are notorious for their bad customer service, delays, miscommunications, and so on.

This is not to suggest that everyone has negative experiences using Rakuten sellers. You've obviously had positive experiences, which is great.

I'm just saying that the risk of a negative experience seems to be higher with Rakuten sellers than Kozuji. This judgement is only based on my own experiences and the anecdotal evidence in forums, however.

Yeah copy that. Bought off Koudoudo twice and had no dramas. have bought off America Ya once, but, he charges a 10% handling fee??? just makes it so much more expensive. The language barrier is also a problem, been to Japan and bought gear there as well and they are very much like, "you like,buy" no bullshit, no trying to sell it, no answering a hundred questions, you want it buy it, I liked it.

man iv been waiting over 8 weeks for my winning gloves and head gear im getting frustrated

man iv been waiting over 8 weeks for my winning gloves and head gear im getting frustrated

Wow, that post really could've been a lot more informative and interesting.

Did you buy from one of the sellers discussed in this thread? If so, which one and what was your experience like?

Did you buy custom Winning gear? If so, then you need to allow longer than eight weeks for it to be manufactured and delivered.

Wow, that post really could've been a lot more informative and interesting.

Did you buy from one of the sellers discussed in this thread? If so, which one and what was your experience like?

Did you buy custom Winning gear? If so, then you need to allow longer than eight weeks for it to be manufactured and delivered.
i got them from winning-usa i think my gf got them for me cant remember which one but it was one of the legit sites america ye or something

i got solid white 16 ox lace up gloves and white head gear both are very standard items shouldnt take this long im gonna call them soon

i got them from winning-usa i think my gf got them for me cant remember which one but it was one of the legit sites america ye or something

i got solid white 16 ox lace up gloves and white head gear both are very standard items shouldnt take this long im gonna call them soon
A lot of their items are on back order at the factory. Some items for up to five months right now.

Update: So I decided to buy through koubudo Rakuten ordered the 16oz lace-ups and an extra set of knuckle guards... 5 months.. before they can be Shipped. Now I decided to just get them from kozuji and guess what they don't have any 16oz lace-ups on stock except "castel pink" with a price tag of 385 dollars. So I'll be waiting till they get another 16oz lace-up in stock and perhaps search for another place to purchase the gloves.

I see that kozuji has a 14oz green winning glove on stock, but I suppose I really should wait on a 16oz glove. I've also read that winning gloves perhaps aren't the most suited for heavy training work (combination & pad work) would this be true? Any personal experiences.

Last edited:
Update: So I decided to buy through koubudo Rakuten ordered the 16oz lace-ups and an extra set of knuckle guards... 5 months.. before they can be Shipped. Now I decided to just get them from kozuji and guess what they don't have any 16oz lace-ups on stock except "castel pink" with a price tag of 385 dollars. So I'll be waiting till they get another 16oz lace-up in stock and perhaps search for another place to purchase the gloves.

I see that kozuji has a 14oz green winning glove on stock, but I suppose I really should wait on a 16oz glove. I've also read that winning gloves perhaps aren't the most suited for heavy training work (combination & pad work) would this be true? Any personal experiences.

I have a pair of 16oz velcro, and in my personal experience, I cannot hit the heavy bag with full power, even at 153lbs. In fact, I injured my knuckle this way. In my personal experience, I would use winnings for my sparring only, and a more dense glove for mitts and bag work.

I would constantly feel like I was punching through the glove with my winnings.

I'm pretty sure that they had 16 oz. gloves at good prices on Connecthit. I got a blue pair of 14 oz. for training and they are working out good.

I'm pretty sure that they had 16 oz. gloves at good prices on Connecthit. I got a blue pair of 14 oz. for training and they are working out good.
Pretty sure? Dude you are the president of Connecthit. Stop being a dick.

Interesting to hear others found that they could not use their MS-600s on the bag. I have found any winning gloves to be extremely protective for bag/pad work, so they are usually my go-to given past hand injuries. Some people prefer not to use winnings for bag/pad work because it wears them out much quicker, but that's a separate issue.

Just ordered the lace/loop things. Thanks for the tips.

FYI it took 3 months for my Winning gloves to come from Winning USA.

Back