"Winner of Khabib & Edson v Tony. Winner of that may fight Conor this summer" --- Dana White

Khabib beats Edson.
Fights and beats Tony in April.
Then he can't fight during may-august because of ramadan.
Conor "has no choice" but to defend vs Diaz in the summer.

Dana doesn't know any more than what we know - his word when it comes to Conor means as little as mine.

Ramadan is fucking stupid
giphy.gif

The fighters should pressure in one of the few ways they have... I can't believe i will type this, because i am 100% against it, but every top 5 or even top 10 fighter in the division should decline any and all fights between each other for the immediate future until the situation is resolved. They should claim that fighting without any type of guaranteed progression towards a title shot or improvement in ranking is only harmful for them and their careers.

If you want to keep this fighter relevant then make him the inaugural Zuffa Boxing champion or something. Make the recognizable name the face of your new "venture" and let the main MMA branch move on.

It's just embarrassing this shit now.

Why have a interim title fight then?

The whole point of the belt is to have a number 1 contender, Conor isn't injured ffs.

Ruining a whole division for a dude that may never fight again...

If I am Tony there is no way I defend that interim belt. He needs to hold tight until Conor agrees to fight or is stripped

Exactly. Ferguson earned the 'opportunity' to fight McGregor when he won that interim belt, or so he should've.

But say Khabib beats Edson and even stays healthy, then beats Tony in say 3 to 4 months, thatl already be march/April and then he does his ramadan stuff in the summer...

1) not a big timeline for Khabib to train for Mcgregor if this is the case

2) how are we certain Khabib will be available for this fight in terms of Ramadan?

..... that's all saying IF Khabib beats Edson then Tony.

Would be horrendous if khabib beats barboza and then fights tony & conor still defends vs nate diaz, i can see it already.
and that is what's gonna happen. no way he fights tony or kebab.

This type of thread really shows the reading level of most Sherdoggers.

Yes, Dana literally said "how has Conor not defended yet". But he's clearly saying that Conor has been out/busy, and hasn't yet had the chance to do so until now, not Conor has just been holding on to the title refusing/failing to defend.

To be fair he does tell the truth sometimes lol. The instance that stands out is when he said he wanted to get some sort of weekly, midweek cards going. Then the Tuesday night contender series started a little while later. Not defending dana, just saying

Yeah that's true. But it's probably best to wait till it happens then get peoples hopes up.

People who shit on Conor for not defending the lightweight title yet are dumb as shit, he literally just fought, Conor is extremely active for a draw his size

This type of thread really shows the reading level of most Sherdoggers.

Yes, Dana literally said "how has Conor not defended yet". But he's clearly saying that Conor has been out/busy, and hasn't yet had the chance to do so until now, not Conor has just been holding on to the title refusing/failing to defend.

af78e75718344bad39dee83dc7533d33.gif

It's a good thing you rode in just when you did Sir markg the rebels were beating on Conor hard...

I am a Conor fan but this shit is frustrating.
Same and I am a jiu jitsu guy so I like Tony's style but I love Russian fighters so I am also a fan of Khabib. This is really frustrating. I guess I will have to choose soon

What contractual obligation made him drop the FW belt, that allows him to keep the LW belt?

People who shit on Conor for not defending the lightweight title yet are dumb as shit, he literally just fought, Conor is extremely active for a draw his size

So active that he has 0 title defenses for 4 different belts across 2 different promotions spanning over half a decade of time.

For someone so active he never seems to fight at all in his own sport/weight division when there's actual stakes and title implications in jeopardy...

He’ll jump on fighting RDA at 170 if he beats Woodley.

Fuck, no one but Tony should be fighting Conor. Dammit

Back