Will this really make your hands bigger?

Acrawlingcar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
From this old thread: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-to-make-hands-bigger.307723/page-2

At the bottom, @MatterOverMind posted "I hang weights off of my fingers for extended periods of time in order to lengthen them. This is usually for a minimum of 4 hours a day, but I try to shoot for 6 hours. You don't need a whole lot of weight. Start out with 2.5 plates hanging from each finger and gradually work your way to heavier weights. 2.5 lbs may not sound like much, but after a few hours, it gets pretty painful. Now I'm working with 10 lbs per finger and in two weeks, I'll be increasing to 12.5 lbs.

In addition, I do a lot of grip work so that my hands thicken up and don't look out of proportion. High reps are the key to this. I try to do 4,000 reps per hand with a gripper. I got mine from K-mart. Don't bother with the Captains of Crush or any other heavy-duty gripper. They're not meant to add size, just strength. Not that strength is bad, but you shouldn't worry about it until your hands are as big as you want them. There's basically no way to maintain hand strength while trying to enlarge them.

So far, I've been doing this for 8 months and my hands have gone from 7.25" to 7.875". It's taken a long time, but an increase of 5/8" is pretty good, I think."

I'm just wondering if he was serious or if he was definitely joking, it's hard to exactly tell because I can't see any of the photos he uploaded later, and in half his messages after he sounds serious, and in the other half he sounds like he's making jokes, but it also seems like he recommended his "program" to someone else.

Basically, I would just like to know whether he was telling a joke or being real, I know many of you may say that "it's impossible to grow the bone" and whatnot but I would just like to know whether you think/know if he was just fucking around or not, cause many people often seriously talk about their odd/unusual/eccentric training programs, workouts, etc. so I don't care if you think that it's impossible.

No, you can’t rep out ”hand” weights to increase “”finger”” length/girth. If your “hands” are under 7” that’s still an average “hand” length, so don’t feel too bad. Just accept what you were blessed with and move on with your day.

From this old thread: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-to-make-hands-bigger.307723/page-2

At the bottom, @MatterOverMind posted "I hang weights off of my fingers for extended periods of time in order to lengthen them. This is usually for a minimum of 4 hours a day, but I try to shoot for 6 hours. You don't need a whole lot of weight. Start out with 2.5 plates hanging from each finger and gradually work your way to heavier weights. 2.5 lbs may not sound like much, but after a few hours, it gets pretty painful. Now I'm working with 10 lbs per finger and in two weeks, I'll be increasing to 12.5 lbs.

cmon you cant believe this was serious

i-cant-get-over-the-size-of-every-ones-hands-v0-qws30l47ffxa1.png

Pretty amazing, creates an account and sits on it for almost a year to dig up a thread from 18 years ago in order to discuss an obvious troll post from 14 years ago.

gotta hand it to him

That's an impressive level of commitment.

However if the person is still young and has not stopped growing, taking HGH could certainly help.

Also look at what is possible when you use/abuse AAS/HGH/etc and other substances as an adult. Compare Levan Saginasvili before and after.

However if the person is still young and has not stopped growing, taking HGH could certainly help.

Also look at what is possible when you use/abuse AAS/HGH/etc and other substances as an adult. Compare Levan Saginasvili before and after.

gotta hand it to him
Pretty amazing, creates an account and sits on it for almost a year to dig up a thread from 18 years ago in order to discuss an obvious troll post from 14 years ago.
cmon you cant believe this was serious
No, you can’t rep out ”hand” weights to increase “”finger”” length/girth. If your “hands” are under 7” that’s still an average “hand” length, so don’t feel too bad. Just accept what you were blessed with and move on with your day.

upload_2023-10-3_17-12-26.png
Why did he bump the thread half a year later and redirect someone to his "routine" then? But yeah, he did make a lot of jokes later so it seems like he was maybe joking. Also, is he still active on the forum at all? I'd really love to be able to speak to him directly. I shot him a message and he still hasn't responded yet. Anyone speak to him and able to get me in contact?

Look at Stallone's hands post 40. Well pictures don't tell, but when you have watched them all 15 times

maxresdefault.jpg

s1e7092c155d73871bfcdb37cfd6dc4d5e1e584275.jpg

Kind of reminds me of you and drew TBH.

Kind of reminds me of you and drew TBH.
You again? So desperate for attention you quoted my post with this type of response? I'll bite! How's that first powerlifting meet coming along buddy?

You again? So desperate for attention you quoted my post with this type of response? I'll bite! How's that first powerlifting meet coming along buddy?
You must be running out of material. Carry on.

In addition, I do a lot of grip work so that my hands thicken up and don't look out of proportion. High reps are the key to this. I try to do 4,000 reps per hand with a gripper. I got mine from K-mart. Don't bother with the Captains of Crush or any other heavy-duty gripper. They're not meant to add size, just strength. Not that strength is bad, but you shouldn't worry about it until your hands are as big as you want them. There's basically no way to maintain hand strength while trying to enlarge them.

So far, I've been doing this for 8 months and my hands have gone from 7.25" to 7.875". It's taken a long time, but an increase of 5/8" is pretty good, I think."

I'm just wondering if he was serious or if he was definitely joking, it's hard to exactly tell because I can't see any of the photos he uploaded later, and in half his messages after he sounds serious, and in the other half he sounds like he's making jokes, but it also seems like he recommended his "program" to someone else.

Basically, I would just like to know whether he was telling a joke or being real, I know many of you may say that "it's impossible to grow the bone" and whatnot but I would just like to know whether you think/know if he was just fucking around or not, cause many people often seriously talk about their odd/unusual/eccentric training programs, workouts, etc. so I don't care if you think that it's impossible.

It's possible but needs a lot of work

Back