Will GGG Fight Chavez Jr

The thing is

1) First time Canelo is going to fight someone way bigger than him
2) First time Canelo is fighting someone who focuses on the body completely ( I think)
3) First time Canelo is fighting against a guy who fights like JR does. In your nosehole all the time.

I really think the fight could be interesting

Meh. Canelo walked through some of the best body punches in the business.

I actually find this fight interesting.

I favor Canelo, but a Jr upset sounds rational enough as it gets closer and closer.

This would be an awesome fight if jr came in at 100% shape and mindset otherwise it would be meh

This would be an awesome fight if jr came in at 100% shape and mindset otherwise it would be meh
Lol at jr coming in at 100% shape, he's almost at Toney status in that regard.

Lol at jr coming in at 100% shape, he's almost at Toney status in that regard.

I know I know .... I'm always hopeful ( naively) though that one day he'll be mature enough to take it the next level and exploit the talent that he has.

The thing is

1) First time Canelo is going to fight someone way bigger than him
2) First time Canelo is fighting someone who focuses on the body completely ( I think)
3) First time Canelo is fighting against a guy who fights like JR does. In your nosehole all the time.

I really think the fight could be interesting

This just isn't true.

Canelo has fought a number of guys bigger than himself. Go back and watch the Trout fight, he's giant compared to Canelo in the ring. Angulo was bigger and Kirkland looked both bigger and stronger. The latter two also fight similar to Junior, as does Liam Smith.

Canelo excels against pressure fighters, you're acting like we've never seen him deal with this style.

This just isn't true.

Canelo has fought a number of guys bigger than himself. Go back and watch the Trout fight, he's giant compared to Canelo in the ring. Angulo was bigger and Kirkland looked both bigger and stronger. The latter two also fight similar to Junior, as does Liam Smith.

Canelo excels against pressure fighters, you're acting like we've never seen him deal with this style.
Judging by your name im assuming your a big canelo fan.

Im not saying Jr is going to steamroll canelo. However i do absolutely think there arw ways for JR to win.

And no none of those three guys fights like jr. Heres a quick video that hbo put up a few days ago. It shows jr and how good his body work is when he is on. Angulo, kirkland and Liam smith literally fight nothing like this...
Angulo may be a brawler but he didnt do this kind of body work

And while those guys may have been slightly bigger this will be the first time canelo is significantly out weighed.

I dunno i just think jr has a real shot here

Last edited:

Im not saying Jr is going to steamroll canelo. However i do absolutely think there arw ways for JR to win.

And no none of those three guys fights like jr. Heres a quick video that hbo put up a few days ago. It shows jr and how good his body work is when he is on. Angulo, kirkland and Liam smith literally fight nothing like this...

And while those guys may have been slightly bigger this will be the first time canelo is significantly out weighed.

He does have a legit shot, that doesn't mean what you said wasn't wrong.

When you consider Angulo, Kirkland and Smith, they all have VERY similar tendencies when compared to Junior. Just because he might throw some shots in a different way doesn't mean they don't have similar styles. Smith and Angulo have almost identical foot patterns, they hold their guard up in a similar way and Smith in particular likes to put his head up close to the center of the chest when working inside, just like Chavez.

To say those three fight 'literally nothing like this' is just ridiculous. If you can't see the similarities you are crazy. You're initial point was that Canelo has never fought anyone who fights in his 'nosehole' the whole time, only thats exactly what Kirkland did. He pinned up down against the ropes and tried to go to work, as did Smith a few times a round.

Cotto's probably the best body puncher he has fought, and he outclassed him in this regard. Canelo has a body shape that's perfect for inside fighting. Notice how his arms are long enough to cover his short body, which is why you very rarely see holes for body shots, there's never any gaps, he's hunched over with his arms covering his body and they go right back to place after he throws.

I just watched the video and I am wondering. Has there ever been a fight where JCC Jr looked really technical? Seems just like he wings punches and his output wears on the other guy and eventually gets the win or KO. Initially I a gave JCC Jr the slight edge but if he doesn't fight technically Canelo can just figure him out and outbox him.

Some of you guys should really put your money, if any one is interested in betting against canelo in this fight. I will bet my 50 to your 40 bucks. (im poor). Just PayPal that shit, and we good!

Back