Will fans finally show DC the respect he deserves?

I don't know how one can be champion, after getting obliterated in one's most recent fight. However, I have already lost respect for the UFC Belts, so I am not opposed to DC thinking of himself as a champ.

The UFC Belts don't mean anything for me. I just watch fights to see two athletes compete to the best of their abilities.

barely beat diaz you mean? By the way of running away from DIaz you mean?

You see, the same way you came around, don't claim "nothing that can be done to get it back. "
You just showed that you did.

There is no way DC can beat Jones to be considered the best LHW now because Jones is going to get suspended.

I'm serious, yes. Fedor was most definitely one of the fighters that came the closest to being "universally loved".

Comb through pretty much "Fedor vs. UFC" thread or "Who is the GOAT" thread.

You'll quickly change your mind.

You can even stay in the now and see how many people were wetting their pants when he finally fell off the top of the mountain.

Edit: One thing I will say though, is that when DC attempted to take on Jones's persona/trash-talk, etc...it came off as very unnatural. But that ultimately reduces to the same thing...being unskilled at generating controversy is pretty similar to being boring. It's sort of like the male version of a female wearing makeup and then looking like a trainwreck in the morning.

There is no way DC can beat Jones to be considered the best LHW now because Jones is going to get suspended.
so why are you blaming DC for that?
If anything, he proved he would face Jon, but Jon knew he couldn't beat DC without the help of illegal substances.

so why are you blaming DC for that?
If anything, he proved he would face Jon, but Jon knew he couldn't beat DC without the help of illegal substances.

I'm not blaming DC for anything. I just don't view him as the best guy in his class. He's still a great fighter.

Everybody saw him get his ass whooped.

Its like if a girl has a boyfriend and she sees him act like a bitch when someone threatens him. She may stay with him and still care about him but the attraction is gone and there is nothing that can be done to get it back. It may not be logical but its the way it is.
More like if the boyfriend act like a bitch when someone high on coke and is juiced to the tits threathens him with a knife.

Define the "bitch" act. Is the boyfriend a bitch for not getting into trouble with the madman? Is the attraction worth spending a week in hospital?

Nah. Fans like you are just like that fucked up girlfriend who talks shit to other dudes in the club and then hide behind her boyfriend. Getting him in trouble.

Talking your way out of situations is not a bitch move. Losing to a roided fighter is not a bitch move.

If anything Jones made a bitch move. He had every advantage and still cheated.

I'm not blaming DC for anything. I just don't view him as the best guy in his class. He's still a great fighter.
who's better than him? a roided up Jon?
You need to evaluate how you see things.

clean, DC proved to be the best fighter.
This is so much true, Jon got caught cheating in both fights.

Comb through pretty much "Fedor vs. UFC" thread or "Who is the GOAT" thread.

You'll quickly change your mind.

You can even stay in the now and see how many people were wetting their pants when he finally fell off the top of the mountain.

I know Fedor got a lot of haters, especially since he started losing. But when he was at his best, he was one of, if not THE, most respected fighter ever.

Certainly way more so than Jones, which was the initial argument (Fedor being boring/nice personality wise, and Jones fucking things up outside the octagon like an alpha...)

The man is a class act. I get people like to cheer for the bad guy but that is more a commentary on fans' lack of moral compass, not fault on DCs part. Seriously, fuck Jon Jones.

Hopefully this was the straw the broke the camel's back and people will appreciate DC for the man and role model he is.

Im sure some will post a crying GIF, but unless youre a pro fighter and have walked in his shoes, you're the pussy, not DC.

Once you get off Sherdog and go to a different mma forum you'll realize he's always got a ton of respect.

You're only as good as your last three fights. And he got whooped in his last one. So to get respect, he'll need to go on a nice streak to remind folks that he's the best.

Some of us do and will but unfortunately many many Mma fans seem to really like criminals & ped cheats.

Back