Will Conor’s cardio be improved enough for Khabib

What is with people saying 'lowkey' all the time?
Ya know what I fucking despise that lingo also, I’m pretty drunk right now so I seem to be adopting new terminology. I usually slate people who say it but now I’ve said. And someone’s called me out for it. I hate myself.

Ay. I like you. I feel a connection. I feel like a lightning bolt just hit the tip of my penis

haha. I like talking to people who don't think jon jones is a job and dc a bum or conor a god and ever one else is a bum 2.

haha. I like talking to people who don't think jon jones is a job and dc a bum or conor a god and ever one else is a bum 2.
Ay. Bro. You bout make me emotional. lool do you game??

Not for the way Khabib fights - he had his way with Nate the 2nd time around and had to resort to turning his back and running away and fighting sporadically against someone who obliged his stand up game (for the most part).

He has to end the fight in 1-2 while avoiding getting taken down and worked.

The guy was begging for help from the ref from the short mauling he took from 2 week notice Chad - If Khabib gets him down he is staying down and taking a beating till he quits or the ref stops it.

It’s likely already been posted (I’m not reading 8 pages of posts to make sure) but Conor would be a fool to try to ramp up his cardio in order to beat khabib at his own game. Historically Nurmagomedov gets hit a lot coming in for the take down and McGregors team should capitalize on that.

If Conor gets taken down inside the first round his chances of winning will drop drastically. But if he is able to tag khabib on the way in (and let’s face it Nurmagomedovs take downs are usually pretty obvious and many fighters with half Conor’s ability have lie him up) he will more than likely win.

Styles make fights and that’s why I’m excited. In my opinion this fight will be decided in the first round.

His cardio is bad even when he can control the fight/pace. With Khabib clinching, taking him down, and then riding his back while landing GnP the whole time. Conor won't have cardio for more than 1 round if he's immediately taken down at the start of the round. The pressure and damage from Khabib riding his back will take his cardio in 1 round.

Not for the way Khabib fights - he had his way with Nate the 2nd time around and had to resort to turning his back and running away and fighting sporadically against someone who obliged his stand up game (for the most part).

He has to end the fight in 1-2 while avoiding getting taken down and worked.

The guy was begging for help from the ref from the short mauling he took from 2 week notice Chad - If Khabib gets him down he is staying down and taking a beating till he quits or the ref stops it.
Well I mean I’m all fairness Conor lost that second fight for sure, admittedly not by much but he did lose it if you break it down and analyse it properly, I just can’t see it happening, if he does tho.... omg would be crazy

Ummmmm, you realize he fought Floyd for like 28 minutes right? 10 rounds of boxing is 30 minutes. He gassed in a mostly standup fight with Nate Diaz in less than 15 minutes (1st fight), and barely finished a 25 minute UFC fight the 2nd time.
Ummmm you realize that you don't spend the energy in the same way in boxing and in MMA? And do you realize that Floyd was carrying Conor?? His cardio is terrible. Still is and will always be terrible. Has nothing to do with his fitness but the way he fights because he uses big movements always, especially when throwing kicks or using footwork

Ummmm you realize that you don't spend the energy in the same way in boxing and in MMA? And do you realize that Floyd was carrying Conor?? His cardio is terrible. Still is and will always be terrible. Has nothing to do with his fitness but the way he fights because he uses big movements always, especially when throwing kicks or using footwork
I mean I couldn’t have put it better myself apart from the whole “terrible” part. I know that Conor’s cardio is below average but not quite atrocious. It’s bad tho. Just not THAT bad. He has built up his endurance over time slowly, not a great deal of improvement tho, his main problem is that he throw too much and puts full power in every shot. And when you miss a few of those, you pay. Especially against khabib who will punish you for every little mistake, plus when gets a hold of you, thats basically it til the next round, the man has some serious grip

His cardio was massively improved for the Floyd fight. It's downright sad that MMA fans are that clueless about conditioning that they think you can just waltz into your first boxing match and go a hard 12 just because you have trained cardio for another sport.

His cardio will be superb for this fight, Khabib gassed too in his first five rounder, it happens.

I think where Conor has so much heart he’s gonna keep going & just take as much damage as barboza did
Khabib is unbeaten. This is why I like this match up. He'll keep going till asleep and Conor can get real flashy after Khabib takes a few good cracks. It's a total mismatch and will make Conor look incredible.

Getting rocked early in a fight can zap your cardio, if Conor can hurt him early maybe he'll have an even playing field.

But but but Khabib works at a faster pace than anyone Conor has faced. Can't wait to see how fast he works after getting by that straight left. Fear will be one factor and as you said, getting rocked will be another.

Back