Will Brooks regrets leaving Bellator now

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As Bellator continues to grow, Will Brooks could have gotten paid handsomely as one of the top LWs in Bellator.

Instead, he leaves Bellator on a bad note by talking bad about the promotion and now he is 1-3 in the UFC.

Now, the UFC will make him take a pay cut to stay and Bellator won’t want him anymore.

Will Brooks fucked up his career and his bank account.

Thoughts?

Probably got paid better in the UFC tbh

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...as they say.

probs true unfortunately, i hope his signing bonus was high, what's worse is he didn't fight any killers like Lee, Barboza, Ferguson, Khabib, Alvarez (teammate i know), he lost ot guys outside of this pecking order who are still tough in their own right but still really sad

Last edited:
probs true unfortunately, i hope his signing bonus was high, what's worse is he didn't fight any killers like Lee, Barboza, Ferguson, Khabib, Alvarez (teamate i know), he lost ot guys outside of this pecking order and that is what really is sad
Eddie Alvarez is not a killer. LOL

Unfortunately,

He's gone on record as stating he took a pay cut to get to the UFC with the belief he'd win the belt and earn more money.
But didn't he say he lost motivation after signing or some crap?

Eddie Alvarez is not a killer. LOL
are you really saying that a guy like alvarez who has victories over prime Aoki and kawajiri, hard fought close victories of Pettis, Melendez and Chandler and a smashing of RDA for the belt is not a killer, smh bro

As Bellator continues to grow, Will Brooks could have gotten paid handsomely as one of the top LWs in Bellator.

Instead, he leaves Bellator on a bad note by talking bad about the promotion and now he is 1-3 in the UFC.

Now, the UFC will make him take a pay cut to stay and Bellator won’t want him anymore.

Will Brooks fucked up his career and his bank account.

Thoughts?
I think Bellator would take him back anyway.

with Cowboy coming in heavy, he can still have one more shot in the UFC

I'm sure he can tear shit up in World Series of Fighting or LFA

Just because he said some shit about Bellator and left on less than stellar terms with them he can still go back to them if ever the case. Scott Coker seems to be reasonable and doesn't hold grudges with fighters. I mean look what happened to Paul Daley for punching Koscheck, Dana White said he would never set foot inside the octagon. Bellator decided to sign him knowing what had happened

A part of me feels bad for him, but this is a classic example of “never burn a bridge”.

He sat out of his Bellator contract and entered free agency with little to no leverage. The ufc knew he wanted to sign, so I’m sure they didn’t throw giant numbers at him.

He is now 1-3, and could probably get cut. He could re enter free agency with pretty much no leverage.

Took a risk and it didn't pay off. Respect to him for chosing to test himself in the UFC. He's still relatively young. He can go back to bellator and get paid decent money.

are you really saying that a guy like alvarez who has victories over prime Aoki and kawajiri, hard fought close victories of Pettis, Melendez and Chandler and a smashing of RDA for the belt is not a killer, smh bro
He is not a killer.

Just because he said some shit about Bellator and left on less than stellar terms with them he can still go back to them if ever the case. Scott Coker seems to be reasonable and doesn't hold grudges with fighters. I mean look what happened to Paul Daley for punching Koscheck, Dana White said he would never set foot inside the octagon. Bellator decided to sign him knowing what had happened

Putting aside any bad feelings, I don't think Bellator is interested in a 1-3 UFC castoff.

Larkin, Bendo, Bader, etc., were coming off win streaks. Brooks is not.

Roy Nelson, Wand, Sonnen, etc., have name recognition. Brooks does not.

Brooks is screwed.

Back