Will anyone ever beat Anderson Silva's record of 16 consecutive UFC wins? Who?

Anderson Silva won 16 consecutive fights, all in the UFC.

Jon Jones was at 14 with his second win over Cormier but now is back to 13, and with his impending suspension, will either never beat the record or will do in 6-7 years, by which time it might already be broken. Had Jones not fucked his life up like he did, and had the Hamill DQ not happened, I assume Jones would have 20+ consecutive UFC wins. But alas....

Mighty Mouse just tied GSP with 12 consecutive wins for the second longest streak, but Georges took it back when he choked out Bisping. GSP has 13 straight. I feel like GSP has a shot, but find it unlikely. If he fights Whittaker, I think he could possibly win, and if he fights Conor, I think he'd smash him. But its not the opponents I worry about. I honestly don't think GSP has four more fights in him. I think its 2 tops. Whittaker and Conor. And if he somehow beats Whittaker, I think he'd probably retire on the spot.

That brings us to Mighty Mouse. On paper he seems the most likely. 12 straight wins and a weak division. He should be able to do it in his sleep. But that could all come crashing down with the threat of Dillashaw hanging over his head. DJ would no doubt stomp the Cejudo's and Pettis's of the world, but I think Dillashaw would fuck him up. If DJ ducks, I think he cruises to the record.

That leaves us with Tony Ferguson and Max Holloway. Max is riding a 11 fight win streak and Tony a 10 fight streak. Given the shark water that Ferguson swims in, I don't see him getting past all the Conor/Khabib monsters floating in the ocean. I wouldn't bet on Ferguson winning more than 1 or 2 fights before someone catches him.

Holloway out of everyone I've listed, seems the most likely to accomplish the feat. If he can beat Aldo again and beat Edgar, theres really no one else he hasn't already beaten. Plus he might not even be in his prime yet, he's so young and hungry. If I had to bet, I'd say Holloway is the guy to do it. But I guess that all hinges on DJ fighting Dillashaw or not. Although even if DJ does do it first I could still see Max eventually surpassing him.

Anyways, thats my take, what do you think?
I liked your overall analysis, TS.

There´s a special detail about his 16 fight win that nobody else can beat now. It´s the fact that he didn´t lose since his UFC debut and put on the record of 16 consecutive wins.

I agree with you, but for fu**'s sake let's not talk here about PEDs, McGregor or Colby, can we do it?

Nope. It's not going to happen. PEDs, Conor, Colby will all be prominently featured in this thread - and in all other threads.

Jon Jones was at 14 with his second win over Cormier but now is back to 13, and with his impending suspension, will either never beat the record or will do in 6-7 years, by which time it might already be broken. Had Jones not fucked his life up like he did, and had the Hamill DQ not happened, I assume Jones would have 20+ consecutive UFC wins. But alas....

Mighty Mouse just tied GSP with 12 consecutive wins for the second longest streak, but Georges took it back when he choked out Bisping. GSP has 13 straight. I feel like GSP has a shot, but find it unlikely. If he fights Whittaker, I think he could possibly win, and if he fights Conor, I think he'd smash him. But its not the opponents I worry about. I honestly don't think GSP has four more fights in him. I think its 2 tops. Whittaker and Conor. And if he somehow beats Whittaker, I think he'd probably retire on the spot.

That brings us to Mighty Mouse. On paper he seems the most likely. 12 straight wins and a weak division. He should be able to do it in his sleep. But that could all come crashing down with the threat of Dillashaw hanging over his head. DJ would no doubt stomp the Cejudo's and Pettis's of the world, but I think Dillashaw would fuck him up. If DJ ducks, I think he cruises to the record.

That leaves us with Tony Ferguson and Max Holloway. Max is riding a 11 fight win streak and Tony a 10 fight streak. Given the shark water that Ferguson swims in, I don't see him getting past all the Conor/Khabib monsters floating in the ocean. I wouldn't bet on Ferguson winning more than 1 or 2 fights before someone catches him.

Holloway out of everyone I've listed, seems the most likely to accomplish the feat. If he can beat Aldo again and beat Edgar, theres really no one else he hasn't already beaten. Plus he might not even be in his prime yet, he's so young and hungry. If I had to bet, I'd say Holloway is the guy to do it. But I guess that all hinges on DJ fighting Dillashaw or not. Although even if DJ does do it first I could still see Max eventually surpassing him.

DJ and GSP are both at 13 consecutive wins.

DJ will do it for sure. TJ is a tough fight but isn't a hard stylistic match up for him. He could definitely win that fight. Still TJ would be the only one who could stop him from breaking the record.

If Max beats Aldo again then Frankie is the next big road block for that.if he can beat Frankie then he'll demolish the record.

Tony is the only one that I think will fall just short. Just too many killers in LW.

Maybe, if they can figure out a way to not get popped by usada for steroids.

Anderson’s UFC winning streak record will never be broken.

MM is most likely, doubt he ever fights TJ - he's all about getting his name in record books so he'll take no risks.

Then Max if he can get past Frankie.

Ferg is tough one for two reasons. Khabib is a very tough fight and he's 33 in age without steroids to keep you young in USADA era. He has to win 6 more so like be 36-37? nah.

Maybe. But the only two guys that have a chance at it would not have taken any risks to get there, whereas he was fighting anyone they threw at him.
1453.gif

Nope. It's not going to happen. PEDs, Conor, Colby will all be prominently featured in this thread - and in all other threads.
My worst fears have come true, if things continue like this I expect JDS vs. Velasquez 4 in UFC 219, right before Khabib vs. Davis in a fight that we'll be forced to watch without neither sleeping nor taking a break to get [a lot] more beers.

Run while there's still time!

I agree with dj possibly losing to tj but he won't get fucked up, think mm wins personally

DJ will do it. He beats everyone flyweight pretty handily IMO. I would also favor him over Cruz and TJ. Garbrandt is a tougher matchup though.

Good question and summary TS.

I would bet on MM since his main threat a drained TJ. I give MM slight edge against TJ at 125. Cejudo improving so while MM has less overall dangerous foes there are a couple threats.

GSP or Max also good chances.

Back