Wild Hearts

Definitely excited for this game. Love me some Monster Hunter and this looks like a high quality hunting clone. Next up after finishing the Hogwarts stuff.

Definitely excited for this game. Love me some Monster Hunter and this looks like a high quality hunting clone. Next up after finishing the Hogwarts stuff.
Is Monster Hunter good? I see it on sale sometimes and I was wondering if it's worth it to buy.

Is Monster Hunter good? I see it on sale sometimes and I was wondering if it's worth it to buy.

I love them, put in probably 1000 hours over the series.

It's a game pretty much focused on boss battles. Each monster has specific str/weakness. When you defeat the monster you carve for resources. Resources are then used to craft weapons and armor. That inherit the properties of the monster. So if you took down a Rathian who is a fire based wyvern, building it's weapons will have additional fire damage and fire resist on armor. The gameplay loop is super addictive and the game itself can be punishing.

The combat is super precise and memorizing monster patterns is critical for proper positioning and utilizing i-frames to dodge attacks. A lot of newcomers get turned off because there is no targeting mechanic, but it's intentional since it's more about knowing the pattern and attacking where the monster will be.

MH Rise is on game pass now if you have an Xbox. MH Worlds has been out for a long time and you could get for cheap.

FightinCowboy is doing a stream of this game. Looks pretty cool.

Played a few hours this morning and took out the first two hunts a few times to make the first armor set and upgrade the weapons.

Feels very much like Monster Hunter in a good way, but also adds some interesting new elements that adds its own flare. Still really early but I can tell I will dump some serious time into this game. Excited to jump back in and get some slaying in.

Back